Chapter 66

Chapter 66

Daphnee Harrison was still sitting on the ground of my room, looking like the picture of panic.

"Do you need a minute?" I asked her, chuckling.

"It's really my kind of luck that he wasn't just some rando," she mumbled, staring at the wall.

"So what? It's a bad thing that people around you know him?" I asked her, laughing a little more.

I probably shouldn't start mentioning double dates with me and Lexi and her and Josh. She'd probably faint. I kinda wanted to though. Just to see the reaction. This was amusing.

"This is a niiiiiightmare," she whined, letting herself fall fully on the ground.

It took all of my very little self control to not take a picture of her like this and send it to Josh.

He'd freaaaak out too. Maybe I should text Tyler about this. It would be amusing. We could make fun of them together.

"Should we get Lexi here, so we can all talk about it like a happy family?" I teased her.

That got a reaction out of her. Daphnee got on her feet immediately and looked like she was ready to throttle me. "Don't you daaaare say anything about this to Lexi."

I raised my hands in surrender, kinda backing away from her, still laughing.

Yeah, I definitely saw it. Josh and her together. Yeah.

This wasn't that big of a deal honestly. Daphnee just had problems with getting attached to anyone. That was clear from her relationship with Fred, and Trevor. She ran away the second she felt like things were getting serious or she was getting attached.

And clearly Josh was on the fast track to her heart.

He should definitely be proud.

And I knew something was happening on his side too.

I'd never seen him like this. Josh rarely got emotionally involved with anyone. Maybe it was the fact that he had lost his mother so young that made it hard for him to let anyone in.

Or maybe it was just because he'd never found the right person for him.

Regardless, this was an unexpected turn of event, but one that totally made sense on both of their parts.

"I won't say anything to anyone. I get that you need to process this on your own time. But yeah. Josh is not just playing around with you. I think he's kinda serious about it, as serious as he can be about anything. So, if it's something you want to pursue, you shouldn't be scared," I assured her.

"Ugh! I shouldn't have talked about this with you," she whined and just left my room.

I burst into laughter. "Seriously?" I yelled after her.

She just raised her hand over her head, flipping me off.

I laughed again.

And then let myself fall on my bunk bed, hiding my face in my pillow.

I still needed a nap. But this had definitely been entertaining.

I closed my eyes and listened to the faint sound of rain hitting the trees and cabin. I focused on that and on the voices of the guys speaking the living room, joking around.