Chapter 26

Caroline woke up in the passenger seat of the black SUV. The kids were stilling sleeping in the backseat and Klaus was driving. He just drove past the 'Welcome to Mystic Falls' sign.

"Love, how was ur nap?" Klaus asked. 

"It was good." Caroline smiled as she sat up in her seat. 

"Are you ready to see your Mother?" Klaus asked as he drove past shops in the town square. 

"Yeah, I'm really excited for her to met the kids." Caroline said.

Klaus smiled at her excitement. Klaus drove past a few houses and finally reached the Forbes house. Klaus parked and got out of the car.  

"Nik, I'm really glad Hope got to come with us. I would like to build a strong bond with her." Caroline said as she picked up a sleeping Hope from the backseat. 

"I would also like that." Klaus smiled. A sleepy Jason and Scarlet got out of the car and Klaus grabbed a sleeping McKenna. 

"I'll come back out for the bags." Klaus said. 

"Okay." Caroline said as she lead them to the door. The door opened and a smiling Liz Forbes stepped out. "Mom." Caroline hugged her Mom. 

"Sweetie, I'm so glad you're back." Liz said as she pulled away from her daughter. "And who are these cuties?" Liz asked as she looked at all the little ones. 

"Um...this is Jayden, Scarlett, McKenna, and Hope. Hope is Klaus's daughter and the other three are mine and his." Caroline explained. 

"You have children." Liz smiled with tears in her eyes. "Guys this is your Grandma." Caroline said. 

"Our grandma." Jayden smiled as he went to hug Liz. Scarlett hugged her as well. "It's nice to meet you grandma." Scarlett smiled with her teeth.

"Let's go inside." Liz said. 

They all walked inside. "Klaus, thank you for taking care of my daughter and grand babies." Liz said. 

"Of course, Elizebeth." Klaus smiled. 

"Please, call me Liz." 

"Liz." Klaus smiled. 

"Are Lizzie and Josie still here?" Caroline asked as she walked out of her room. She had set Hope and McKenna on her bed since they were still asleep. 

"Yeah, Ric said he was coming for them Thursday I believe." Liz said as she poured her some water. 

"Do you guys want anything to drink or eat?" Liz asked. 

"Sure." Caroline said. "So where are Lizzie and Josie?" Caroline asked. 

"They are asleep in the guest room." Liz said as she handed a blood bag to Klaus and Caroline. 

"Thank you." Klaus said. 

"So tell me everything well I prepare us some lunch." Liz said as she looked at Klaus and her daughter. 

***

Katherine was sitting on the bed watching a Disney show with the kids as she braided Isabella's hair. Elijah was sitting in a chair reading a book as he watched his beautiful wife and children. He was happy. 

Rebekah and Stefan were cuddling on their bed watching a move well their kids played with toys on the floor. Rebekah sat up and paused the movie turning towards Stefan. 

"What wrong?" Stefan asked sitting up as well. 

"Nothing it's just I'm really happy. I've always wanted a family, and now it feels like a really good dream, that I'm not ready to wake up from." Rebekah said playing with the ring on her finger. 

"Bekah," Stefan lifted her chin so she was looking into his eyes. "We are not going anywhere for a very long time. This dream is not going to end any time soon, so stop worrying because you are stuck with me for the rest of your immortal life." Stefan said as he kissed her cheek. She smiled and looked down slightly blushing. 

Hayley and Jackson were in their apartment across the street from the Abattoir. Jeremy and Davina were on another date. Damon and Bonnie were in the room sleeping while Talia slept. Alaric and Freya were watching a movie in the movie room. 

"When are you going back to Mystic Falls?" Freya asked as she grabbed some popcorn. 

"I'm leaving tomorrow, so I can be there by Thursday." Alaric said.

"Oh, It's gonna be so boring with out you here." Freya said. 

"You could come with me." Alaric said. 

"Really?" Freya asked sitting up straighter. 

"Yeah," Alaric siad. 

"Thank you so much Ric, what time are we leaving so I can be prepared?" Freya asked. 

"Around 6 p.m." Alaric said. 

"Okay." Freya smiled. She was excited to meet Lizzie and Josie. Ric had showed her pictures of them and they were just the cutest things.

Jenna was playing with Samara, Rosalie, and Leilani in the garden. "You can't catch us mommy." Samara laughed. 

"Yes I can." Jenna laughed chasing the girls around. Finn walked out to the garden and smiled at the sight of his favorite girls running around. 

Kol put Anastasia and Emerson down for their nap in their room. While Ariella, Andrew, and Grayson were playing with their new toys in their room. Kol walked into his and Elena's room to see a sleeping Elena. He laid next to her so her was facing her face. He smiled at her relaxed features. 

She had been stressing out the few days she has been back. He moved a few pieces of hair behind her ear. She leaned into his touch and a light smile appeared on her face. She slowly opened her eyes and quickly shut them pretending to be asleep. Kol smirked he knew exactly what she was doing. 

Kol leaned in and pressed his lips to hers and was slowly pulling away when she captured his lips with hers. She slowly pulled away and opened her eyes. "Your beautiful." Kol said. 

"Your not to bad yourself Mikaelson." Elena smiled. 

"Oh trust me I know, darling." Kol smirked. Elena pushed his chest and shook her head with a smile. "I'm taking you out tonight." Kol said. 

"Really?! Where are we going?" Elena asked as she sat up excitedly. They haven't been out on a date since she arrived. 

"I'm not saying, Mrs. Mikaelson." Kol said. Elena pouted and Kol got up from the bed. "It's gonna work to day, Darling." Kol walked out of the room.

***

She was getting ready for her date with Kol. Elena smiled in the mirror as she put on her necklace. Her smiled slowly faded as she sunk back in her thoughts. She was honestly really worried. She had talk to Anaya before they left about what was possibly going to happen. 

"Caroline and you are the key to stoping this all." Anaya said as she held Elena's hands.  

"I thought you said it had to be all the Mikaelson siblings and us." Elena said. 

"That is true but when the time comes you and Caroline will die right as you defeat the others. When that happens you and Caroline will come back but you won't be the same." Anaya explained. 

"What do you mean?" Elena asked. 

"That is all I can share for now. But know that it is only your nature that will change." Anaya said. 

Elena shook herself out of the memory that was still fresh in her mind and sighed. "Everything will be okay." She smiled to herself in the mirror.

To Be Continued...