Chapter 45

Present

After a long night of researching, the girls headed to bed. Having a full intention of resuming their research in the morning. Elena yawned out of exhaustion as she shut her bedroom door. Taking off her shoes, she walked over to the bed and pulled the covers over. 

She slid into the bed and cuddled into Kol's side. His arm moved around her and tightened, pulling her closer to his bare torso. "Where were you?" His groggy and deep voice asked.

"In the library with Care, Bex, Freya, and Bonnie." Elena adjusted herself and laid her head on his  chest. His fingers playing with the ends of her hair. 

"What were you girls doing?" Kol asked, his hand now rubbing her back. 

"Some research on this great evil, we have a few ideas on who it could be and what happened to her." Elena let out a small moan as Kol rubbed her back. 

"Hmm. You should get some rest, darling, you were down there since we got back." He kissed her forehead and continued to rubbed her back.

She nodded and wrapped her arms around him, and he pulled the covers over them. Soon he heard her breathing slow down and her muscles relax beneath his fingers. His eyes soon closing.

***

The Next Morning

A hand dangling over the edge of the bed as the sunlight shone thought the white curtains and onto Elena's face. She groaned and turned around facing Kol's body. Kol slowly awakened, stretching as he got off the bed. 

He turned to see Elena snuggled into his pillow. He kissed her forehead and head to the bathroom, to start getting ready for the day. After a shower and getting dressed, Kol walked out of the closet wit damp hair. 

Elena was now fully dressed with new clothes and wet hair. She was sitting on a chair that was next to the French doors, she was typing away on her phone. "Good morning, darling." Kol walked over to her.

"Good morning, Amore." Elena looked up at Kol, he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her lips. She kissed back. The kiss was gentle, sweet, and full of love. "What are you doing today?" Elena asked as they pulled away from each other. 

"I'm going with Nik and Elijah to the council meeting today." Kol sat on the edge of the bed and started to tie his shoes. "What about you, what are you doing today?" 

"I have a meeting to go to with Caroline this morning." Elena got up from the chair and walked into the bathroom.

"What for?" Kol asked from their bedroom.

"We are meeting a new client and going over what they want." Elena plugged the blow dryer in. She ran the brush through her hair as she blow dried her hair. After finishing drying her hair, she made sure it was straight. 

"Let's go get some breakfast." Kol stood up from the bed and walked over to their door. Elena following behind him. 

Reaching the kitchen, noise could be heard, pans clanging together, plates being set on the table, etc. Klaus stood at stove cooking some sausage, while Caroline set the table. "Good Morning." Caroline looked towards the two as they entered. 

"Morning, Care." Elena and Kol greeted. 

***

Damon grabbed his keys off the entry way table. Opening the door to be greeted by Alessandra holding her fist up to the door. "I was just about to knock." She said. 

"What are you doing here, Alessandra?" Damon asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." Alessandra tapped her foot nervously.