Chapter 2

Present

"What do you mean you don't know where they are?!" Damon exclaimed as he glared at Bonnie. "I mean when I opened my eyes after finishing the spell they were gone." Bonnie said. "People don't just disappear Bonnie." Jeremy said. 

"I know Jeremy." Bonnie sighed. "Well you are going to find them." Damon said. 

***

A Thousand Years ago

They reached the mans hut. "This is where he lives." Klaus said. "Thank you for showing us the way." Stefan thanked them. "Your Welcome, I would like to invite you all to dinner at our hut." Elijah said. "We would love to have dinner with you and your family." Katherine smiled. 

"Okay, how does tomorrow evening sound?" Elijah asked. "Sounds great." Caroline said. Elijah nodded and walked away with Kol and Klaus following him. Stefan knocked on the door to the hut. A middle aged man opened the door. "Hello, what can I do for you?" He asked. 

"Hello sir, my sisters and I were told you have an extra hut for people passing through to stay at." Stefan said. "Yes, I'm assuming you want one." The man said. 

"Yes." Stefan replied. "Okay, follow me." The man walked out of his hut and started walking, the others followed him. They walked past at least 20 huts, until they reached one near the river. "This hut is big enough for the four of you and to rent it out costs 100 coins a month, to buy it from me costs 200 coins." The man said. 

"Can I buy it from you in a few weeks, I need to find a job." Stefan said. "Yes that is fine as long as you pay me." The man smiled. "Thank you so much." Stefan shook his hand. The man walked away and the four of them walked into the hut. 

It was very spacious, on the left was a living room, and the right was a table with a bench on each side. There wad a counter, pot, and that behind where the table was. There was hall past the kitchen with three doors that led to rooms. There was another door straight across from the front door and it led to the backyard, where there was a fire pit with a pot over it and another table with benches on either side, the backyard was fenced.

"I hate to complain, but where are the beds?" Caroline asked walking out of one the rooms. "The cloths are the bed." Katherine said. "How am I supposed to get a decent sleep on cloths on the floor?" Caroline exclaimed. Elena quietly laughed and shook her head. "I don't know care, but I'm sure you'll come up with something." Stefan said. 

Caroline pouted and walked back in the room she came from. 

***

Elena walked by the around the village trying to find her way around. She reached a small little market and looked at the dresses and jewelry. She saw a beautiful purple dress with a corset. "Its 20 coins." A voice said. She looked up at the lady behind the table. "Really?" Elena asked. "Yes but if you don't have coins you can always trade your things for coins." The lady says. "Where would I go to trade my things for coins?" Elena asked. 

"The table over there...the man there gives you a certain amount of coins, depending on how valuable whatever it is you are giving him." The lady said. "Thank you..."Elena traveled off. "Meredith." She introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, I'm Elena." 

"Nice to meet you too." Meredith smiled. Elena soon walked away and towards the table where she can trade her things for coins. "Hello sir." Elena smiled. "Hello M'am, What can I do for you today?" He asked. "I would like to trade this ring, bracelet, and necklace for coins." She held out her silver ring, and bracelet with a gem in it, and her necklace she had bought the week before. 

"Okay, let me see them." He grabbed the and examined the ring first, then the bracelet, and lastly the necklace. "The ring is worth 40 coins, the bracelet 24 coins, and the necklace...53 coins." The man set the pieces of jewelry on the table. "So do you want to trade?" He asked. "Yes sir." Elena nodded her head. 

He grabbed a sack and counted 117 coins and pulled out a smaller sack and put the coins into that one. "Thank you sir." Elena grabbed the sack of coins. He nodded. She walked back over to the table she was at first and looked for the same dress again. She found it. "It would look lovely on you." A familiar voice said next to her. Elena looked to her side and saw Rebekah. "You think so?" Elena asked. 

"Yes, it would go quite well with your complexion. Don't you agree brother?" Rebekah turned to look at Kol who was on the other side of her. Elena had just recognized him. Kol turned towards his sister and Elena. He looked at the dress she was holding and then looked her up and down. She slightly shifted under his gaze. 

He smirked, "I have to agree with my sister." 

"I'm Rebekah by the way." She held her hand out. "Elena." Elena smiled politely. "This is my brother Kol." Rebekah gestured to Kol. "We actually already met." Elena said. "Really? How?" Rebekah asked.

"Elijah, Niklaus, and I showed her family to the extra huts." Kol said. "Oh, that's why you were late." Rebekah said and Kol nodded. "Well it was nice to meet you Elena, I hope to see you again." Rebekah smiled. "I hope to see you as well." Elena smiled. 

Rebekah and Kol walked to another table. Elena payed for the dress and headed back to the hut.

***

"Finally! Where were you?" Caroline asked. "I was exploring, I bought this dress." Elena said holding out the purple dress. "How we don't have coins?" Katherine asked. "I traded some of my jewelry for coins at the market." Elena sat down on the couch.

"I'll have to go trade some of my jewelry." Caroline said. "Where is Stefan?" Elena asked. "He went to go look around and try to find a job." Katherine said. Elena nodded. 

There was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." Katherine got up from the bench and opened the door to reveal a dark skinned women with black hair. "Finally! I have been looking for you everywhere." She said as she walked into the hut. 

"Excuse me, who are you?" Caroline asked. "I'm Anaya. Anaya Bennett." She smiled. 

To Be Continued...