chapter thirty-five

Doncaster, England📍

**

It's been two dreadful days of me stuck up in my room, under my blankets, sleepless nights, and not talking to a single soul.

I'd like to say Louis broke up with me but it sounded more like I broke up with him and I hated that. I thought we were forever, but of course the blue-eyed idiot had to be hypnotised by his dad's games.

A soft knock at the door suddened but I stayed put, until the person just finally opened the door and walked in. "Harry?"

I was facing away from the door, bare back at view, hands stuffed under my pillow, hair up in a messy bun.

Usually people would sleep this off, but I hadn't slept in those very two days. It's my window I've been mesmerised by these days, the fall leaves falling from that one tree outside. . the one Louis was playing under.

The grass began forming a brown colour which was ugly but beautiful at the same time. I've even learnt to count the amount of leaves that have fallen. Got to eighty-six before I gave up.

"Baby, I know break ups are hard but you can't stay in bed all day. When's the last time you had food?" My eyes rolled at her sweet words, it was annoying really. Yeah she was being nice and that's always amazing, but who the fuck is going to give a shit about food and hygiene when the only person you've ever loved broke up with you.

Am I wrong?

Being in this state she actually decided to give me my phone back, but I haven't really been on it.

"Go away," my voice was raspy from not talking to anyone and especially quiet.

It was rude to say the least, and it made me feel bad, but my mum was thankfully smart as I heard her sigh and then walk out. I should've at least said please.

Good news, or rather bad news, I haven't cried since we broke up. Just been momentarily numb and ruptured. His eyes were still in my head and the way his legs felt around my waist. They were always there, always. . and now I was empty.

Maybe I should go to another pub.

For the first time, I sat up from my pillow, blood immediately rushing to my head which created a headache quickly. I had to shut my eyes the way out of bed, and only opened them once I got to the restroom.

Running the shower, I picked up my phone and called the only lad that would ever go day drinking with me. "Oi! Harry, whatcha up to?"

I smiled. "Hey, Niall. I'm about to get in the shower but I was wondering if you wanted to get a drink?"

He was hesitant, which was explainable since what events had occurred last time. "Yeah, okay. Pick ya up in 20?"

I set the phone down on the sink, speaker on while I removed my shirt and took out my hair tie. "Make it 15." I hung up and removed the rest of my clothes, stepping in the warm jet stream.

*

I would've expected this to be like last time, hot bodies, hot men and women, rubbing against each other. But tonight was poker night and it was even better.

Loud cheers erupted around the poker table. I was honestly making bank right now. Why've I never done this before?

"Yes, Harold!" Niall laid a clap of his hand to my shoulder, other women and men tossling my hair and massaging my shoulders.

The old guy with greying hair across from me had seriously knitted brows and looked proper mad. I almost felt for him, but I was too excited with the Bourbon in my left hand and the straight flush in my right.