chapter twenty-four

Doncaster, England📍

**

Of course I loved having Louis here, because, man, that's my fucking boyfriend. But I was also thankful for him being here so I didn't drive out of town at the a.m. in hopes of finding exhaustion.

And he gets me to sleep like a baby.

But him being my boyfriend apparently meant he had to spend his money on me and I didn't like that. That's his money and he shouldn't be wasting it on me, and that's what he's been doing every time I comment on a clothe item I like.

He seems to be perfectly fine with it, but it just makes me feel. . poor?

I didn't want to get into another argument with him though, so I let him. Although at a point I stopped commenting on clothes and accessories.

"So you guys are actually together?" Liam asked from across us at the food court. Louis and I made eye contact then looked back at him and nodded. Zayn and Niall were currently buying the food so they weren't here.

"Cute." Liam gave us a smile, leaning back and looking to the side to watch Niall and Zayn from afar. I then looked at Louis to see his brows knitted together, staring intently at his phone.

I didn't want to be nosy so I simply asked, "What's wrong?"

He moved his head ever so slowly to meet my gaze. "Just a text from my mum."

I tilted my head. "Everything okay?"

He shrugged and sighed. "They went to my dads because he wants to take custody of me."

My eyes widened. "But you're eighteen."

He shrugged. "Still in school? I don't know. I don't want him taking custody of me."

My brows furrowed. "Do you mind me asking what happened?" He took a sharp inhale before shaking his head.

"I'll tell you later, just- he wants his son, he's already got three daughters with him but he wants his son. I'd love to see the girls, I would. But not if it means being taken away from my mum and Lots." I frowned even deeper, this was a real issue.

"So your mum is trying to sort things out?"

He nodded. "I already know my dads going to win, they have no proof to what he's done to us." My eyes widened. Done to us? I wanted to ask so many questions but Louis seemed uneasy, he just needed comfort.

"Tell me later?"

He nodded. "Tell you later."

We held eye contact and then Niall and Zayn were coming back with the food.

*

The rest of the day was fun for the rest of them, even Louis seemed to be having a laugh. But I really cared about him, and this was an ongoing issue.

It won't be over soon and Louis is my whole world, his problems are mine and now I'm stressed.

Fuck, why do I have to care so much?

I would give them faux laughs and smiles but would keep my perimeter close to Louis. Holding him, kissing his head gently when we'd stop in lines or pick out clothes, giving his back gentle rubs anytime he would look at his phone. I just really liked him.

He was my Louis.

Finally when we got back to my home though, he was walking up to my mum who was writing the grocery list. My mum and him seemed to have grown quite the friendship, which made me happy, but. . jealous?