chapter twenty-seven

Redditch, England📍

**

"Have my money?" Jason held out his hand and clenched his fingers into his palm before relaxing them again.

"No, you said the deadline was tomorrow." I stepped aside and walked past him but of course he span on his heel and followed.

"Yeah, well I changed it to today." His fist grabbed my shoulder and swiftly turned me, pushing me into a wall.

I winced at the touch but glared at him in the end. "I get my pay check tonight."

He stared me eye to eye angrily. Silence went by until he nodded and pushed me back into the wall again by my shoulders, walking off.

When I made it home, it was a surprise and definitely not a blessing to see my dad talking with my mum. The sound of me shutting the door seemed to catch both of their eyes.

"Baby!" My mum chimed, walking over to me with open arms.

My gaze was fixated on my dad though, just sitting at the breakfast counter. This isn't his home, why's he here?

I let my mum hug me and talk to me but my head was elsewhere. "I'm just gonna go," I said eventually and backed towards the door again, but that's when he stood up.

"Where are you going?"

My fingers clenched at the doorknob. "I have work."

My mum grinned. "Oh, yes, Harry's got a job now too! How great?" She was being incredibly nice to him, almost as if she was showing off.

"I just came to see how you were." He nodded but I laughed mockingly. My mum stepped back.

"See how I was? Right, okay, more like see how your money has been used. For good use?" I opened the door just as he was about to speak and stepped out, slamming it.

As usual, never wanted anything to do with me. Trying to slowly get back in my life just in case I do good things. What a great fucking dad.

*

Doncaster, England📍

**

Feathers. Beautiful black feathers I was looking at. Louis' eyelashes were pretty against his cheekbones, his lips slightly parted with the kitten breaths escaping them.

He seemed to be always napping, I mean, we were quite busy during the day.

Today, he decided he wanted to jump around in the fallen, colourful leaves with warm winter clothes on. The breeze felt nice on our faces, looked beautiful on his red nose, ears and cheeks. The image of him making a leaf angel will never leave my mind.

At the moment he and I were still wearing our sweats and socks, but I took off my jumper whereas he was still cuddled up in his, beanie over his feathery hair; again, I took mine off.

He always looked so tiny compared to me. How lucky did I get?

I couldn't help but lean in and press a kiss to his nose, arm draped over his waist and drawing tiny circles on his lower back under the knitted jumper.

His arms were pressed to his chest, my arm locked in between them nicely. I've wanted to get out of bed for a while and stretch but he looked so peaceful, so I let him cradle my arm.

The door behind me was creaking open suddenly so I had to take my arm away from his waist and turn my body, other still locked in his hands. It was my mum. She gave me a smile and slowly shut the door, walking over to us.