chapter seventeen

Doncaster, England📍

**

"You look roasted mate, get any sleep?" Niall pointed out making me share a tired look.

"No."

Niall shrugged. "Why not?" My lips sunk into my mouth.

There is so much I could tell Niall. . about the disorder and then my ex sort of harassing me last night; possibly about Louis and me too.

I've learnt to accept Niall was my best mate, and the lad was always cheerful and happy around me, he seemed to love being my friend. So I should tell him, but I responded with, "Erm. . just 'cause."

Mentally face-palming, we continued to walk to Niall's car, and I was about to get in the passenger seat when I heard. "Harold!" I winced at that oh-so familiar voice.

I turned to see, of course, Louis. I haven't spoken to him all day and have been avoiding him like the plague. It's been hard but I couldn't face him after last night, it made me uncomfortable, and perhaps like a cheater in some way.

"Louis," I said softly.

Louis' eyes narrowed. "Why've you been avoiding me all day?" Niall's eyes widened and then he was quickly in his car, giving us privacy.

"Just tired." I gave him a look, he almost believed it but he shook his head.

"Did something happen? Your aura isn't yellow anymore." My brows raised slightly, is he some sort of palmist or something?

"Um- what?" He blinked. "No, nothing happened. I'm fine." I sent him a smile, but his eyes narrowed.

"Are you coming Haz?" I looked over at Niall who had his head out my window.

"I can take him home," Louis cut in before I could say anything and Niall just sent me a look.

I looked over at Louis then back at him and nodded. Niall sighed and pulled out of the parking space, driving off.

"I told you nothing happened, why can't you believe that?" I narrowed my eyes but Louis' were more intimidating making me cave.

"I can't believe you when you're patently telling a lie." I gulped and his grip tightened on his arms that were crossed.

I took in a breath through my nose then sighed. "My ex came to see me last night."

Louis' jaw visibly clenched making me nervous. "What was he like? Did he hurt you?" You could say that. . I shook my head.

"He was just a dick. He tried something but I pushed him out the window." Louis' eyes widened and my brows raised. "No! No, not literally. Like I made him go back out the. . window. . ." My voice quieted making Louis crack a warm smile.

"If he comes back, I'd like to know this time," he said, watching as I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded. I honestly didn't understand why he had any business in this. "Why don't you want me to know?" He suddenly asked and I was now starting to think he could read minds.

I let out a breath. "It's not that- well, why does it matter if you know or not?" I tilted my head, having his face deadpan.

"Harry, you're mine. I don't want your bastard of an ex to act like your his. . unless you still like him?" His brow raised and his face was suddenly disappointed.

My eyes widened. "No. I maybe once loved him, but he's totally a self-centred and dickhead piece of shit now. I told you I liked you." My heart started beating faster and I was suddenly feeling like this conversation was going nowhere.