chapter twenty-eight

Doncaster, England📍

**

Louis' mum and dad were on their way, and fuck, I couldn't stress enough how much pain I was in seeing Louis stay in bed completely mute.

Earlier, after he and I. . well he woke up, I ran him a bath. He hadn't said one word. One word.

"The bath is running." Louis nodded into the pillow he was hugging. "Come on, let's get you cleaned before they come."

He shook his head into the pillow.

I sighed and walked over to him, picking up his weak body in my arms. His legs immediately wrapped around my waist and arms around my neck with habit. I held onto the back of his thighs firmly while walking into the restroom.

Going to let go, he stayed attached to me, so I shrugged and leaned down to shut off the tap. His body stuck like a leech that wouldn't go no matter which way you move, walk or run.

"Come on, Lou." He stayed put. I sighed again and slowly got on my shins, prying him off carefully and placing him on the ground against the bath.

"Arms up." He obliged and I lifted his jumper up slowly, he moved a little but didn't even laugh. He was in a horrible state.

I sunk in my lips when my hands moved down to his sweats. "I'm just going to get you undressed for the bath, okay?" He nodded and leaned back, head falling back to the edge of the bath.

His eyes were red and starting to get glossy again, I physically couldn't stand watching him like this.

I undid the tie on his sweats and slowly pulled them down, him lifting his hips slightly so I could. When I was done, I leaned up to him and cupped his face carefully. "It'll be okay, Lou."

He just stared at me, this blank look. I had taken him a bath, washed his hair, body, dried him and dressed him. He was completely zoned and mute. And now, I was on my knees behind him on the bed, brushing back his wet hair with a comb.

He was dressed in one of my shirts, oversized for him, and baggier sweats. I won't bring up how he silently cried in the bath. Well, I just did, but then he cried a little more in my hold before I had put on his shirt.

Finally, I put down the comb and sat down behind him, turning him around to face me. Strands of hair fell to the sides of his symmetrically proportional face, his eyes locked in his lap while his head drooped.

"Baby, please speak to me."

His head lifted slowly, eyes blinking to fixate on mine. I waited for him to open his mouth, to say something, just something, but nothing came.

And it got worse when his phone rang to the ID of his father. Tears started to pour out of his eyes automatically making my heart tear in two.

I miss sunshine Louis. I fucking despise his shit-hole dad.

My hands reached out and grabbed his thin waist, pulling him onto my lap for what it felt like the billionth time.

I cupped his face in my hands and stared him in the eyes. He wasn't making any whimpering sounds but tears were flooding out. My thumbs moved across his cheekbones, wiping them away from his beautiful face. He was just beautiful, crying made his eyes pop.

His lips were pulled into a quiver, eyes glancing at my own lips. I just stared at him, he needed comfort.

Apparently he thought something else, because he was now placing his hands in my hair and capturing my lips in a warm kiss. I sucked in a breath, giving him access to kiss me even deeper, pushing his tongue into my mouth.