It has already been a week since Daniel and I broke up and neither of us has tried to contact the other. It's not like we had any reasons anymore and also the thing that we broke up on a not so good note contributed to that fact. Daniel and I don't go very long back and there were not many things that could keep us together. I am sure some things seemed memorable at the time we both were together and as much as it seems sweet to remember those things now when we have broken up, I know that I am only lying to myself by doing so.

At the very least both of us should be content with the fact that we are still friends, I may not be able to return the love Daniel has for me but I can help him to get over me and that is not by running away from him. The only way to help him to get over me is to show him that I have moved on and he should do the same, it may seem cruel and disheartening at first but our experiences have told us both that problems are solved by facing them and not by running away.

Only the same could be said for Roman though. He is persistent enough to not go away just by simple warnings.

And this brings me to another problem, which is Daniel not answering my calls or texts. After Roman tried to visit me I got worried that he may try to hurt Daniel and so I tried to contact him but my calls went answered just like my messages that went unseen.

Now, I know it can be Daniel's way of dealing with things and he may be purposely avoiding me till the time he is healed enough to face me again, which is actually a logical thing to do unlike me calling him. But, at least an indirect message through Chloe or Connor would be nice to assure me that he is alright. And that is the thing making me worry the most because Daniel is not the only one ignoring me, Chloe too is unreachable.

Connor tried to contact her but there was no revert from her and the best guess he could come up with is that maybe they both went into hiding or MIA for the time being, like the original plan was.

As much as Connor's words make sense and seem close to the truth there is still one thing that he doesn't know. Even if Daniel and Chloe went into hiding as we originally planned, there was another plan that Daniel and I had going behind other's back and he would have informed me about it before disappearing. A message or call, or mail should be there from him updating me about the things I asked him to find out and yet there is nothing about that we planned.

In the end, it only leaves me with one conclusion that something has happened with Daniel that has prevented him from moving forward with the task. I wonder if what I asked him to do was the thing that may have put him in danger. Was the information that I asked him to retrieve was so sensitive that it could have harmed Daniel.

I looked sideways at Connor who hummed happily while driving the minivan we are taking on our long trip to nowhere. Yes, we are already on our way to the never-never land since this morning and now it is past noon. I wonder if he is taking me to another country or continent by car.

He must have felt my gaze on him, turning to me with a small smile he gave me a wink.
Though seeing my expression his smile vanished "You are not really still angry at me?" he asked with disbelief.

Oh yeah, I wasn't pleased with the fact that he was taking me on a long trip without even telling me where we are going and no one can judge me for my insecurity that came with it. Since he refuses to tell me the destination I have been ignoring him and giving him the silent treatment coupled with occasional glares.

"Oh come on, it's a surprise and it wouldn't be one if I told you about it." Connor had a pleading tone asking me to understand his reason which I do, honestly but my insecurities and past experiences wouldn't let me. I am not good with surprises at all and as much exciting it could get some times, more often than not I am left shocked or terrified.