Deals and Bonds

Pic as Steven -------->

Evan sat there as still and cold as a block of ice. His brain was assaulted brutally by the sudden change of circumstances. Things were going haywire and it was really hard to arrange them to make sense.

Daniel was expecting something, anything from him any reaction that could calm his erratic heart. He looked at him with so much hope that it was hurting Evan in many ways.

He doesn't even know what his next action should be. Should he be angry at Daniel or be more understanding or he should act oblivious and completely ignore that last part.

"Evan, please say something. I know that you may not feel anything for me and that is alright. That is perfectly alright. I am not pressuring you into anything or asking you to stay with me as I said but please tell me what you are thinking. Your silence is a torture to me."

I like you, I like you a lot.

I want us to be permanent.

I want to stay with you for the rest of my life.

Evan couldn't escape from the echoes in his mind. He doesn't even know if it is because he is surprised by those words or shocked to hear what he's been thinking earlier, hoping. Evan opened his mouth but no words came out.

He got up shaking his head and frowning pacing the area with occasional glances at Daniel who sat there looking at him, waiting for him.

"I... don't even know what I want to say first the fact that you are a moron for doing all this without even consulting me once or just punch you for going all sappy shit on me. What were you thinking Daniel?" Evan practically bellowed the last part with arms rising above his head.

"I... I don't know, I was really confused and hurt and scared and I needed to do something. You wouldn't smile at me anymore; you wouldn't squeeze me anymore at the end of our hugs. I loved it when you would blow air in my ear to get my attraction whenever I would be working and you were getting bore. There were no more surprise dinners or..."

"Or what?" Evan asked his arms folded on his chest.

"Or hungry passionate sex, all of this was disappearing and I was scared that where I am falling for you more and more there you are getting over me, getting bored of me. Talking to you about it was the last thing on my mind. Remember I told you that we'll only say goodbye to each other if one of us has done everything in their power to reconcile our relationship.

And truthfully I was not ready to say goodbye. I just did whatever seemed right to me at that moment and if I would have told you about the distance I feel in our relationship I was scared you would have given more thought into it and possibly come to a decision that you don't want to be with me anymore." Daniel wanted to say more but he knew Evan doesn't want to hear more of his bullshit.

Evan groaned into his hands for more than one reason. He was embarrassed about this heartfelt confession Daniel was spewing out repeatedly and he was angry at the same time for Daniel to not trust him, for not giving him a chance.

He took his seat back and looked straight in Daniel's eyes "Okay, first let's keep these emotions and love talking at the side, we'll talk about it all later. For now, I want to say that what you did was stupidity at the next level even for someone like Steven who you know how gets around Aahan. And for god's sake stop blaming Daniel, stop blaming me, stop blaming yourself even if you were scared that I may leave that doesn't mean I'll just get up and leave like that. I get that you were scared but there is something called common sense.

I understand that you wanted to make sure that I stay but only if you would have talked to me then things would be a lot different. You know all this time I kept thinking that you are the one losing interest in me that you don' want me anymore. I... I thought that you were cheating with Connor behind my back and would leave me sooner or later. Imagine seeing your boyfriend bring the person he was cheating with to meet you at home. I was losing my mind all this time; you don't even know how much I have bothered Aahan and Steven, I practically drove them mad."