The Ticking Bomb

"He won't stop, Evan. He would stop at nothing until he has you." Evan looked into the eyes of his best friend that for the first time in their life held fear.

The same Steven who never knew what fear is even in the most threatening moments of his life had absolute madness written on his face. Evan has known Steven for a large part of his life and even when his dad threatened to hurt him because he came out gay or the time a group of college gang cornered him to beat the shit out of him, in all those times he never saw Steven scared, not for his life or anything but now...

As Evan stared up at that same Steven shaking him with wild looks in his eyes he realises the danger they are in. It finally dawned upon him that for the last time he has stepped into the deepest part of the ocean and he is so far gone into it that nothing can bring him back, nothing can save him anymore.

No friends, no running away, no hiding... for once there is absolutely nothing he can do, all the doors to the exit are shut down and he is left like an exotic bird in a golden cage.

At the moment where he stands, he is only left with one path and that is to walk back to where he came from.

But there is one more option. Evan may have only one path to walk upon but it doesn't mean he can't dig to make a new one, one that will finally lead to freedom from everything and everyone.

"Not if I kill myself. I am the reason for all the trouble and with me gone there will be nothing he can do." It was barely said in a whisper but loud enough for Steven to look at him as if he has gone mad.

"Then he'll kill us all, just like Daniel."

Evan fell on his knees feeling defeated. All his life he has looked for love, unquestioned, unwavering, firm, crazy, true, and somewhat possessive love but now when he finally has it, it turns out it is too much for him.

For once, he had something more in this love that he thought was hot and sexy when read in novels or seen in dramas however, the reality is that it is nothing but a rope around your neck, a blade in your gut that only keeps getting tighter or deeper. No matter how much you try to escape free from it, you can't because the damage is already done, the metal has pierced the flesh, the rope has gripped the flesh and the infatuation has turned to madness, into psychotic obsession.

A Few Weeks Ago

Feelings

A small word but holds so much within gives meaning to so many things and yet as frail as it is to control. Good and right feelings can make people shine brighter than the sun on a sunny summer day and yet one wrong shift...

The turmoil of emotions brings hurricanes more disastrous than the fucking Katrina and the damage left behind leaves nothing to be repaired. Feelings, they can make us a hero and they can make us a villain, choice is ours.

Talking about feelings now makes me wonder what was going through Connor's mind when he decided that this is a good idea.

Here I was losing my mind worrying about Daniel not answering my calls and texts and the next thing I knew was Connor asking me to pack up my belongings for a long trip.

I mean seriously, I know he is happy that the case was finished successfully but a long trip seems like a really long(far) thing to do at the moment. When Roman found me again and tried to access Connor's condo, I thought that things were getting out of hand and I told Connor about my concern but it didn't seem to bother him at all.