Coffee and Connor

Pic as Aahan aka Godzilla ------->

"What do you mean by you feel something?"

"Ssshhh... Keep it down will ya?" Evan said hurriedly looking around.

"No one's listening dude."

"I didn't say I am feeling something for him but what I am feeling is weird around him," Evan said sipping his overly sweetened coffee.

Steven gave him a 'really' look "Same thing dude, but that's not the point, the point is what is this you are feeling?"

Evan narrowed his eyes looking at the excitement of Steven. "You are enjoying it too much" he mumbled accusingly.

"What pfft... no, I am just worried about you" Steven faked the concern making a sad face.

"More like waiting for the chance to throw Daniel away from my life."

Hearing this Steven stopped with the fake concern and gave him an I give up look. "You got me and well I am not in favour of your and Daniel relation; I accept it but don't favour or support it. Sorry mate but that guy is not good for you and I have said it before." Steven said it with a finality taking a sip of his own sugar-free coffee.

Evan rolled his eyes "Enough with the smash the Daniel game, let's talk about something else. What is with you and Godzilla? Didn't he settle with the wedding date?"

Steven sighed as if a huge weight has been placed upon his shoulders. He shook his head "No, and all because of Claire"

"Claire... what happened to her?" Evan started his laptop.

"Don't know clearly but Aahan was talking about a bet and break up or something along those lines. She is more or less on her periods making her extra cranky and he is too invested with her to be happy himself and leave her sad."

Evan nodded typing in the log-in password as his screen switched to the home screen.

"He has his priorities set and there is nothing wrong with that, after all, she is his best friend and has been a part of his life long before you guys met. He is a good man only he is just too emotional sometimes," Evan commented his fingers rapidly patting the keys.

"Tell me about it, why did he have to be cancer? His moods change faster than a seven-month pregnant woman." Evan smiled at that, looking up at Steven with raised brows "Excuse me?"

Steven looked oblivious for a second or two before it clicked to him "Oh... oh Sorry I...I didn't mean it like that you know—I just..."

"Yeah, I know what you mean I experience it too sometimes but if Aahan is having those mood swings quite often then get him diagnosed probably, just to be safe." Steven nodded some doubts settling in his mind.

For the next few minutes, Evan kept himself busy with the plot of his novel and Steven thinking about Aahan's mood changes and if they are something to be worried about.

"Do you know someone named Connor McKnight?" Evan asked suddenly out of the blue.

Steven looked at him for a second before his eyes narrowed. "No, I am telling you there are feelings in there."

"It's not! Just curiosity," Evan mentally slapped himself for even asking.

"Alrighty then, you do your work while I do mine," Steven said standing and picking up his and Evan's empty cup. "I'll proofread it when it's done." Evan nodded smiling, looking up at him.

Time passed by in a flow, downpour outside gradually lightened up to a drizzle, people crowding up the streets again. Evan only got up once to take a leak otherwise he was invested in his characters too much to notice the odd pair of eyes looking at him from the corner of the shop. One red and another green both made a stark contrast with his raven and midnight blue hair. Often the people in the shop gave him a curious look. The cap he was wearing was doing less to nothing to hide his features and if that scar across his face was anything but a giveaway to his identity.