Confrontations

Pic as Daniel - - - - - - ^vThere are two pics. One is the present Daniel and the other is the one mentioned by Evan.

It was quite late in the night past nine when Evan entered his house with a grin and a skip in his steps

He saw the car in the driveway so he knew that Daniel was early today. SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

Walking inside he removed his boots and padded across the wooden floor.

The door must have made noise when opening as Daniel was already looking at his way when he entered the living room.

"Hey, how was your day?" He asked Evan with a smile.
"Cool, what about yours?" Evan walked to him before sitting next to him on the sofa.

"Same old the pressure is less now so I got the time to come early today, what about you? What did you do all day?" Daniel took a glance at him and then turned to the TV flicking through the channels.

"It was as usual. Had a session with Aahan then lunch at their house after that got a call from Connor saying he has an extra movie ticket, I was free so I said why not. The movie ended we had ice creams and then I am home."
Evan said it as casual as possible but he kept his eyes on Daniel to see his reaction.

"Well, you definitely had it better than me." he chuckled but didn't show much.

For the next few minutes, silence followed as Daniel kept himself busy with the television and Evan sat there with his head back and eyes closed.

It wasn't uncomfortable or anything. When you are living with someone for so long there come moments when you run out of things to talk to but there is no awkwardness.

"Oh, what about dinner give me half an hour I'll fix something?" Daniel nodded at Evan who completely forgot about it until the growl of his stomach caught his attention.

"Sure, tell me if you need any help" Daniel winked at him smiling.

Evan picked up the apron walking into the kitchen. He quickly busied himself with the cooking process and almost half an hour later he was almost done. Daniel walked in just as Evan tasted the seasoning. He took his seat on the island top watching intentionally as Evan almost glided in the kitchen, he was so quick and efficient in his ways like it is his second nature. Maybe it is as Evan has spent a significant amount of time in that space and even though Daniel himself is quite a good cook he is nowhere near to Evan's skills.

"A few minutes more, till then why don't you set up the plates?" Evan said looking at Daniel who nodded and got up to carry the plates to the countertop.

If anyone to look from outside and see the both working around each other in their daily lives they would surely believe that the couple had been with each other for a very long time and share a very loving bond.

There is this understanding between them and the comfortable feeling they get around each other which is hard to come by. Surprisingly they have quarrelled just like any other couple but the reason for their fights has never been their own but always because one is trying to look out for the other. It is also quite clear from the acceptance Daniel showed to Evan when he has been spending a considerable amount of time around Connor and how Evan himself accepted Daniel's proposal to include a third person.
And even though Evan has doubts about the loyalty of Daniel he hasn't lashed out at him but is waiting for the right moment.