Unclosed Chapters

Pic as Roman ------>

Evan is disturbed about something and Connor could tell that with his eyes closed. And it has been a few days since he has been noticing it. He wanted to ask Evan what is the matter that is bothering him but whatever it is, seems personal to discuss to an outsider so he didn't make any attempt. They are out on lunch, all three of them and he seems to be the only one who is enjoying the food. Daniel is busy on his phone frowning and Evan seem lost in his thoughts pushing the food around in his plate.

Connor wondered if it is anything related to the piece of news that took Evan by surprise a few days ago. He seemed genuinely surprised to know that Connor is a partner in Chloe's company. Connor comes from a well off family and has five generations-old family business. A year ago Chloe's company market price fell drastically after a legal media outlet that caused a huge drama however Connor saw an opportunity to expand his business territory to the food and dinning business. He approached Chloe and bought 30 % of shares in her company. With his support, the matter was successfully removed from media and a suit was filed against the opposition who was no other than her own step sister. Turned out the entire matter was a family feud and most of the pieces of evidence were hired by her stepsister. Even though that matter turned into a small nuisance later but the investigation during that time opened a few disclosed chapters of Chloe's dark business behind the gleam of her high-end restaurants and bars.

Though Connor doesn't understand what is so surprising in all that sure it was sudden for Evan but it is not like you go telling about shit like this every time you meet someone. He dismissed the thought eventually believing it can't be just that something else must be wrong.

"Aren't you going to eat?" Connor said looking at Evan who didn't seem to notice it. Daniel looked up at Connor from his phone and followed his gaze to Evan. Connor snapped in front of Evan's face to get his attention and it seems to do the trick. Daniel was about to comment on Evan being lost a lot lately but another buzz from his phone caught his attention and he groaned at that.

Evan rolled his eyes at Daniel busy in his phone like that for the past few days. Forget the date they talked about in truth they didn't even have the time to talk properly after that night. The only relief is that Daniel is working from home for the most part and Connor is joining him almost every day. He can't say about Daniel but with Connor, things are going exceptionally well if you count the time they have spent knowing each other. Turned out not only he and Connor have many common interests but their personality traits have been sort of similar too, though the Connor of the past is not the same as Connor of today.

He told Evan about the round super-powered glasses he used to wear and the hair oil that used to drip from the sides. Evan literally laughed like a maniac imagining a Connor like that, a chump. In fact, he couldn't control himself at all that day and whenever Evan would look at the handsome lad the image of a chump Connor would flash before his eyes making him go in hysterics.

Even though Connor was grumbling about not telling anything that is personal anymore, the smile that would accompany the frown on looking at happy and smiling Evan was telling a different tale altogether. Somewhere between all the work and fun Daniel would join the two for a fraction of time to relax and let loose but the continuous vibration of his phone didn't give him much chance. At some point, Evan heard him yelling at someone on the phone about so many loops and open ends in the legal statements.

Currently sitting in the study of their house Evan is busy preparing the draft for his new book while Daniel and Connor are busy in the office work. It wasn't until half an hour later when Connor and Evan both stood up to take a break.

"You guys need something to drink?" Evan asked walking out of the room.

"Yeah, a juice," Daniel replied.
"Water," Connor said taking a look up at him before fishing out his phone and accepting an incoming call.