The Changing: Part II

"Here," Evan said putting the plate of pancakes drizzling with maple syrup and whipped cream in front of Connor.

As much as he appreciated and loved the caring gesture of bringing the breakfast to his bed sadly coffee, toasts and boiled eggs wouldn't do enough for him. He needs a proper breakfast that can keep them both going till lunch and seeing how excited Connor is getting about the planning he has done for the day Evan could contemplate that they would be kept busy.

He took a trip back to the kitchen to get his own plate. Settling on the sofa in the living room he looked outside at the grey clouds. It has been raining a lot lately even though summer is still bidding its last days. He checked on his phone that he configured last night before going to sleep. The weather forecast shows a light shower in the late afternoon.

He looked at Connor to tell him about this small problem but the mini smile that couldn't seem to leave his lips at all had him holding himself back. Connor is really excited for this and since it is a working day so Evan knows that Connor has taken off especially for today. This little gesture from the other male makes small butterflies flutter in his stomach.

Guess he could manage a light rain if it means to not disappoint Connor.

"So, are you going tell me what have you planned or should I keep guessing?" Evan asked after swallowing a mouthful of sweet goodness. He moaned internally... that's a good pancake.

"You can keep guessing. I am not telling you anything, it would ruin the surprise." Connor said pointing his fork at him.

"What surprise?" Evan asked narrowing his eyes. He is not good with surprises as most of the time he is left more in shock than surprised.

"You'll know when you'll see it. It's nothing much though so don't need to worry about it." Evan was still not convinced with Connor's nonchalant tone but he knows there is no use in forcing it out. If Connor says that he wouldn't tell than very little could be done to change that. Living with him for the past few days has made Evan learn a lot about Connor, most of them are little things that he has learnt all by himself just by observing the other male.

For example, Connor has a habit of flaring his nose occasionally and it is so random that he does it anytime without any reason or how his left eyebrow is pointed at the end like a correct tick mark and he often raises it when giving a look with his left eye. Connor has a weird habit of rubbing his face or touching his features often times. He can be sitting doing nothing and his hands would move on their own to his face or some part of it.

One thing that is obvious to anyone who stays even a little time with him is his habit of shaking both his legs. He does it all the time no matter if he is sitting, standing or lying down. At first, it was so annoying that Evan had a hard time concentrating on anything else when his leg would start shaking suddenly, he tried to stop it but just after three days, he gave up when the hand he would put on Connor's leg to stop the shaking would also start moving with it.

So, now he has given up on it but sometimes advises Connor to see a doctor about this bad habit.

There are many other things he had noticed too but they are all random like above few. However, it is also true that it is these small things that makeup one whole Connor. Evan has a tiny fetish for beauty marks and Connor has a bunch of them. Some of them are on places that are hard to see until you are really paying attention to that specific place. Like one below his left eye that is so close to his eyelashes that you have to be really close to him to see it. Another is on his right thigh near the groin that he only got to see when they were having sex. One is right below the heart and double-A tattoo on his left arm appearing as if a drop is falling of the heart when it is a beauty mark instead. There are few others that he recently noticed and made a point in his mind to give each of them special attention when they engage in intercourse next time.