「Phase 22」Around And Around!

Start from the beginning

Mai, Tsubaki and Hinata blinked.

...

"Eh?"

......

"EHHHHH?!"

─── 。゚☽: * .◇. * :☾ ° . ───

The five sat around a table. Asuka was drinking tea; Yoshi was setting up her new AiPhone. The other three watched in confused silence. After a while, Asuka placed her cup down.

"I suppose we owe you a proper explanation," Asuka said, "To put it simply, we asked the headmistress if we could bring some first-years along with us on our job today."

"You assumed everyone there was a first-year?"

"Your aura gave it away," Asuka explained, looking into her cup, "It's clear when somebody is new to this industry."

The three froze. They had been idols for half a year already, yet were still obviously rookies?

"As your upperclassman, it's our duty to help guide you," Asuka said. She looked up, into Mai's eyes. "The three of you have something weighing down on your heart."

It took a second for anyone to respond. "You noticed?" Hinata eventually asked.

"Asu-chan's amazing when it comes to reading others," Yoshi explained, "she's the most observant person I know."

Asuka smiled. "It seems as if the time calls for some Aikatsu Fortune-telling," she said, pulling out her deck of Aikatsu cards. Each in a neat, pristine condition. They made a large stack, which she carefully spread out. Mai's eyes widened.

"You have so many Aikatsu cards..."

"Thank you, but in truth, they are fake. I cannot obtain rare coords from every single brand, after all, even though they're vital parts of the equation. My real cards are in my binder; perhaps I can show you someday."

Tsubaki stood up. "You know, this is nice and all and I'd love to play pretend with your fortune-telling but I have work-"

"I already contacted your employer," Yoshi announced, holding her phone up. On the screen was a message of her asking to steal Tsubaki for the day, and Natsu allowing her too.

"Fukuyama-san?!"

"That's senpai to you!" Yoshi corrected, winking cutely. She and Asuka were in their second year of middle school, after all. "It was easy to find you since you play a big character in Midnight Wings - I thought I recognised you. I hope you don't mind~!"

"I..." Tsubaki turned pale, "I think I need to sit down." She returned to her seat, where Mai patted her in an attempt to comfort.

"Choose a card," Asuka directed, looking directly at Mai. The latter turned back to face Asuka, furrowing her brows.

"Choose one?"

"Whichever card you feel drawn towards," Asuka explained. "You'll know the feeling when it comes."

So, Mai hesitantly hovered her hand above the cards. During off-time, she and Hinata had attempted this very same method, but it hadn't been very successful. Mai was hoping the method's creator would be more successful, but she wasn't feeling th- she felt a cold jolt. Taken off guard, she froze, slowly looking back up to Asuka, who seemed used to this reaction. "This one."

"Turn it around, and say what it is."

Mai did as she was told. "The Starlit Spirit skirt."

Asuka smiled, pulling out a small notebook. "A coord from Twilight Fortune..." she closed her eyes, "One I have worn myself." She opened them again, opening the book and reaching the correct page first try. "You're lacking a balance within your life. If you wish to find that balance, you should take every opportunity you're given. Only then will the clouds part."