Chapter 18

Note: chapter not edited... mistakes to be spared...I will correct them later... its already late and I planned to update today.

Omkara looked at the phone in his hand contemplating whether or not to call his dad. It was merely an hour after he talked to his mother and walked straight to Gauri's room only to find it empty. He tried calling her but her mobile rang within the room. On asking her mother, he was informed that Gauri had to go out with her grandfather regarding Priyanka's wedding rituals and that she must have left her phone behind by mistake.

He returned to his room and tried to think of other things...other happy things... patients, cases, his time with Gauri and her family... yet every single thought zeroed onto his mother and father.

He found himself in the clutches of guilt he had been avoiding to feel since the time he knew of his mother's truth. That she was a selfish woman, manipulative enough to corrupt his mind against his father and he chose to believe her. He chose to believe her over his father... whose world centered around his son and no one else... his future, his career...his love life with Gauri..... every thought and every worry of his father pertained to Omkara alone.

How could he commit such a huge mistake...

Had he believed his father that his mother was not what she showed herself to be, he wouldn't have hurt the only woman he ever loved.

In between cursing himself for the past mistakes and vowing himself to never commit them again, his phone rang and his father's name flashed before him.

"Hello Om? Are you alright? I have been feeling uneasy since sometime now... is everything going well? What did Gauri's parents say? Did they forgive you? Should I come over to talk to them?" Kaali asked in one go.

That... further added to his guilt and he tried not to wither into tears of self-depreciation.

"Dad" he managed not to croak his voice but obviously failed "take a break will you...? Everything is going absolutely fine.. I was just about to call you"

Kaali frowned at his son's voice "Really? When were you going to call? After your marriage or after you had your first child? Sasural jaake ghar bhul gaya hai tu (staying with your in laws, you forgot your home)" he said in jest and was relieved when he heard his son chuckle.

"I am not having a child anytime soon dad" replied Omkara smiling and Kaali guffawed "Ohh... so you started planning future... of course my son always thinks a step ahead... now before we get deviated with the topic of your future kids, tell me what happened with that talk with Gauri's parents... You asked me to come the day after right?"

"They forgave me dad... I am now officially their 'daamad ji' as they put it"

"Awww.... Mera bacha..kitna bada hogaya" sniffed Kaali dramatically making Omkara roll his eyes.

"Acha... I need to talk to my bahu too then... where is she... make me talk to her"

"Gauri went out with daadu... I will ask her to call you once she returns"

"No... you will forget once you put down your phone... I want to talk right now..... put her on a conference call"

"No dad... she left her phone behind" he said in a low voice remembering why he went her room in the first place.

Kaali misinterpreted the sad tone "Ohh..... so you are sulking"

"Nothing like that dad"

"Hota hai hota hain... it happens... you can sulk all you want only before marriage Om... make good use of it... after marriage no one is going to humor you" he said making his son frown.