Chapter 12

"Come in Gauri... you don't need to ask me permission...This is your house... your room" Omkara said and stopped short before he added "I am yours too."

Gauri walked inside and stood before him "You wanted to talk something yesterday... I came to make it clear to you that I am happy now and you don't need to burden yourself with the fact that you hurt me" she said as formally as she can.

Omkara continued to look at her dressed in a sky blue saree today... Traditional wear suits her... he noted... not that she looked any less beautiful in jeans but draped in a saree, she looked like a goddess.

"Omkaraji" she called him and he was brought out of his thoughts.

"Yeah... thanks for forgiving me Gauri... I am happy for you... Shivaay is a good man as you said yesterday" he said watching her reaction and he mentally patted himself seeing the look of disappointment cross her features for a mere second before she covered it up with a defiant look.

"Good... now that it is clear between us, I will take my leave" she said and turned when he stopped her.

"I have one last doubt Gauri" he said and she looked at him confused.

"About what?"

"About our relation.. where do we stand"

"You are an old acquaintance to me Omkaraji, Rudy's colleague and Shivaay's friend"

Tsk-Tsk... he clicked his tongue... "Yes I am Rudra's colleague and Shivaay's friend but what about you... what am I to you Gauri" he said stepper closer and she jumped back making him smile.

"You mean nothing to me" she said looking at him.

"Okay... prove it"

"Prove?"

He shrugged his shoulders and casually asked "Hug me and prove it to me that I don't mean anything to you"

"What?" she asked, her hazel eyes widening for a moment. She tried to act not affected and spoke in a confident tone "Why do I need to prove it to you? I don't care if you believe me or not... I am leaving" she said and before he could utter a second word fled from the place.

Omkara laughed aloud at her poor efforts before he dialed his father's number. He felt light, like a huge weight was lifted off from his shoulders.

"Dad... she loves me" he said happily while Kaali cheered for him.

"What did you do last night? ... should I expect good news soon?" teased Kaali and Omkara scolded him.

"Dad!! Stop thinking with your dirty mind. She doesn't allow me to touch her...forget making lo... Urghhhh,.... Why are we even discussing this... I called you because I needed help" he said.

"Anything to get my daughter in law back... what is it?"

"You know Oberoi industries right? Plan something and keep Shivaay occupied today and tomorrow as well" he instructed and thought for a moment before he again asked "As a precaution ... cover Shakti uncle too...I need to take Gauri out alone"

"Done....I will ask Tej to schedule a meeting with the Oberois... We were close to sign a deal but Tej was held back because their manager requested to postpone it till next week.. We will speed up things... You can carry out with your plans Om. About Shakti, I will take another route" he said and Omkara thanked him.

***********************************************************************************************************

"Wow.... It smells delicious... what is cooking aunty" asked Omkara walking into the kitchen when he saw Gauri and her mother cooking lunch.