Chapter 17

"Papa... not you too" exclaimed Jhanvi.

"What else should I say Jhanvi... you were wrong... did you see how angry Kalyani is? I always knew you had anger issues but you are now old enough to have managed to control it... You know Omkara is going to be the son-in-law of the house... how can you talk to him like that?" asked Prithviraaj in a scolding tone.

"I agree he did wrong and I was angry with him too but this is not the way... In fact with your deed, he came into the good books of your mother... The boy is smart... though you threatened to throw him out of this house he didn't speak a word against you"

"We don't know that now... do we? ... maa came screaming at me by the time I even let those words out of my mouth papa and they don't know the whole story like I do... like you do" she defended herself.

"Jhanvi stop denying it... you too know that he wouldn't have talked back... isn't that the reason you were hell bent on torturing him?... that he would stay here for Gauri no matter how much you keep insulting him?"

Jhanvi remained silent when Prithviraaj caressed her cheek "I understand you love Gauri so much to let him go unscathed for what he did Jhanu...but you should realize that hurting him would in turn hurt Gauri... Vo meri bhi jaan hai...(she is dear to me too).... Do you think I would have let him near her if he wasn't good enough?"

"Bache hai... galatiya karte hai....(Kids make mistakes ) we should learn to forgive them... Now Omkara is also part of the family... if you can't love him at least try to be civil... until you start to love him" he advised and Jhanvi nodded her head in a yes.

"That's like my girl... hamesha naak pe chadi rehti hai gussa apne maa ke jaisa (you are like your mom... ready to spit fire when angry)" he said touching her nose with his finger and she laughed with him.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

"I am sorry that I broke her heart Uncle but I promise I will never do that again" said Omkara earnestly looking at Shakti.

They were in the study along with Prithviraaj, Pinky and Kalyani. Omkara told them what exactly happened which made Jhanvi angry at him, apologizing for his mistakes.

Shakti looked at his family for approval and when they smiled and nodded a yes, he turned to Omkara placing a hand on his shoulder "We accept your apologies Omkara... I am happy that you put her wishes before your own happiness. I can't deny the fact that you were her support in having a successful career so far and I trust you to do the same from here on. Welcome to the family" he said smiling and hugged him making Omkara soar in happiness.

"Instill one thing into your mind" said Prithviraaj in a warning tone "You hurt her again and I will not give you another chance... I am watching you young man" he said and Omkara nodded at the elderly man.

"You father and daughter duo should learn how to talk" scolded Kalyani "You are threatening him"

"I understand their concern daadi... It is their love for Gauri and I am happy that she has such a devoted family of which I will be a part of... I promise I will be careful daadu" said Omkara

"One more condition" said Pinky and they turned to her.

"You both should get married as soon as possible and the wedding should be here in Bareilly... no more arguments on that" said Pinky firmly.

"I am willing to marry her tomorrow if you ask me aunty" said Omkara smiling at his mother in law extracting a laugh from all the people present there. "It is Gauri that needs convincing daadi" he added.