Chapter 10

One and a half year later..........

The music was so loud that it made his skin tingle and lungs feel mush. One couldn't make out any words, but laughter rang in his ears and wouldn't seem to stop.

Omkara sat in one corner conversing with an older man, a glass of cocktail in hand and a perfect smile on his face.

"Congratulations for clearing your exams Dr. Omkara... you are one of the best students I have ever taught" appreciated Dr. Kevin.

"Thank you so much sir, I enjoyed my term here....It was interesting learning new technique and fine skills. Please enjoy the party" said Omkara smiling at the elderly man who nodded.

He then walked away from his professor to a group of men his age "Are you all having a good time?" he asked dutifully as a perfect host should.

"We are man...cheers" said one of them. "Thanks for the party" he said.

"You are wel..." started Omkara when a pair of arms encircled his waist from behind.

He shook them off, irritatedly turning around and fake smiled "Hi Lizze... hope you are enjoying yourself" he asked and was answered with a sexy smile and a hug.

"Lizze... can you please stop being touchy...I would greatly appreciate it if you maintain distance" he more or less growled at her and she pouted.

"Om baby... I love you... when will you take me out?" she said as she slurred.

"May be never" he said with a blank face making her touch his shoulder giving it a squeeze.

The group of Omkara's friends chuckled at their host's plight and one of them grabbed Lisse's hand and took her away making Omkara sigh in relief.

"Omkara... she is hot man... why won't to take her out" asked one friend making him roll his eyes.

"Dinesh... if you find her hot, you ask her out... She is not my type" he said.

"Yeah...yeah... not your type... I know...when are you meeting the girl of your type then? when are you returning to India?"

"I haven't decided yet but I guess soon" he said with a wistful look on his face.

He excused himself and settled into a shaded corner away from the ear splitting music. He took his phone out and opened the locked album to gaze at the love of his life.... Caressing the screen gently he smiled.

"I miss you" he whispered to her smiling face.

It has been one year six months since he last saw her, heard her voice and felt her skin. There wasn't one moment when he didn't think of her... not one day when he felt like packing his things and boarding the next flight to India to get one glimpse of her but he couldn't.

He followed her though... rather stalked her pictures on the internet...

Gauri Trivedi one of the trending Indian fiction writers who published three best sellers in the span of one year. He was so proud of her and he wished he could tell her that.

Was she still angry at him? Will she look at him with same amount of love if he goes to her now and ask her forgiveness? Did she miss him the same way he missed her?

He knew he hurt her.... He regretted it too... but he could never let her compromise... that was something non-negotiable for him. His thoughts were interrupted when a handsome man sat beside him on the couch.

Omkara looked at the blue eyed man and smiled "Shivaay... thanks for coming man...how is Priyanka doing?" he asked giving him a warm hug.

"She is perfectly healthy... I had to come to give you the good news that she is getting engaged in a week and married next month... you have to attend both the functions Omkara" he said and made him genuinely feel happy for the second time that evening.