Chapter 5

"No Rudy, the theme should be red and beige...this is not negotiable. It is my dream to see Gauri in a red lehenga. I am not compromising on it ...nope..." said Jhanvi denying her son's wish.

"Mom!!" whined Rudra "O is not a huge fan of red. Let it be some lighter shade...like sky blue or baby pink"

"No. You and bhaiyya will take care of the catering and gifts while me and pinky along with maa will take over the decoration and clothing. Your father and my father are anyways not creative so they will take care of the remaining boring works of the wedding" she declared.

Gauri gaped at the mother son duo...Are these guys seriously planning her wedding already? Shankarji... why did you give me such a weird family... she thought but then chastised herself...she wouldn't have anyone else in their place... she loves them to the core.

After she was caught red handed by her maami, she escaped the scene by giving an excuse that she was getting late for her class and she would explain everything once she came back. Unsurprisingly, when she returned home that evening, Rudra who finished his exams the same day was waiting for her at the entrance.

One look at him and she was all set to take a step back to flee from there when Rudra caught her in time and pushed her into his room where her maami was already waiting. She was blackmailed, harassed and tortured until she confessed her feelings along with the incidents of the day before.

Fifteen minutes later, they finalized the marriage venue and guest list. Now they were discussing the arrangements and she wouldn't be surprised if they decided the names of her children a few minutes later.

"Heloo... guys..I am right here...remember me?" she asked sarcastically and they ignored her, seriously continuing their discussion.

It was when Rudra brought out a pen and paper out of his desk and started taking notes while Jhanvi dictated the 'things to do' that Gauri lost her cool. She snatched the paper from his hands and tore it to pieces glaring at them all the while.

Rudra stared at her for a moment before he started to cry dramatically.

"Maa... see... she is so mean... I almost jotted down ten points in that list" he said complaining while Jhanvi sniffed even more dramatically.

"Aao...bera bachaa... don't cry baby... ladkiyaan hamesha parayadhan ho jate hai shaadi ke baad... ab kya hua if Gauri started to not consider her family's feelings even before marriage... We should be happy that she is moving on right?" she said hugging a wailing Rudra when he merely nodded his head saying "Yes maa...you are right...we should be happy"

"Tumhe doctor nahi actor banna chahiye Rudy ...(You should be an actor rather than a doctor) ... and maami... you joined him too?... I only said I love Omkara and you people are planning my wedding... what if he doesn't like me? Moreover I don't know him completely... what if I won't like him later on... Let me decide after I am sure enough... will you please wait till then?"

"Kyaa? (what?) why won't he love you? Uski itni himmat ki meri Gauri ko na bolega vo?(dare he say no to my Gauri)" said Jhanvi angrily.

"Maami... ye kya hai...(what is this) It is his life...his decision.. We can't force him"

"Gauri... stop being so pessimistic...O genuinely seemed interested in you... he might have seen many girls who I hung out with in the two years I worked with him. He never asked about any other girl...in fact we never had any personal conversation in a long time... He doesn't even know I have a girlfriend until I told him about Bhavya on the night you met him... As far as I remember he doesn't have any close friends"

"He isn't the 'live life with chill' kind of guy Gauri... He was always focused and unyielding both in his career and personal life. He did things only and only when he knew he wanted them...so, if he asked about you, he isn't looking for a casual chat... I know he likes you"