The Mafia Ball - Part 1

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

The night of the ball had finally arrived.

It was the one night of the year that was important to all of the Mafia families, so tradition was always kept.

The ladies were not to see their partners until the ball, but because relationships had evolved and there were many LGBTQ+ couples now, it had changed to just partners, not gender.

I was currently with Carlotta, Ramona and Evelyn, as the latter was complaining about Tash being invited. Her father had relations to the Russian mafia, so he and his family were allowed to attend.

"She's not even in the mafia, her father just has funds that support one of Vladimir's charities, like can't the bitch stay home?" she complained and we all stifled a giggle as she slumped down in a chair, still dressed in her pyjamas.

"Sweetie, everyone knows you and Jacob are clearly together, plus she would have to be stupid to make a move on him surrounded by your family," Ramona reasoned, causing Evelyn to snort.

"But that's the thing, she is stupid enough to do that! When she got those lip fillers it was like anything to do with smart left the scene," she cried out, and this time I laughed.

"Babe trust me, my brother only has eyes for you, just like how Grayson only has eyes for Carlotta and what's his face only has eyes for Ramona," I said.

"Are you ever going to learn my fiancé's name Ana?" Ramona asked, sighing.

"Nope," I replied with a chirp, shaking my head.

She rolled her eyes as she dressed her daughter in a cute dress, making sure her booties were on. Poppy was only going to be there for an hour before Ramona's baby daddy would take her home, so we were going to spend as much time as we could with her at the ball.

Astrid poked her head through the door, as Gabby's popped in above hers and Hazel's was on top. "The limo is arriving in 10 minutes ladies," Hazel announced, and Evelyn shrieked, running through my bedroom to throw on her dress.

"I never have enough time to get ready for these things," she grumbled, and we all left her to get changed, going downstairs to meet everyone else. Aurora was chatting with my mamma, having already struck a bond with Hazel, who was glad to have someone else her age joining us. 

She was looking much better than when I had last saw her, and I knew Quinn couldn't wait to see her again tonight. Gabby, Hazel and Aurora had practically become inseparable, and their newfound friendship had already caused havoc in our home, after they'd pranked us earlier in the morning, changing things around in the kitchen.

Some of my mamma's family were joining tonight, including my grandparents on her side who didn't exactly like our lifestyle. I only ever saw them at these balls, but I was still yet to talk to them.