A Moment Of Peace

Astrid's POV

Astrid's POV

The big house was quiet as I slipped down the stairs towards the indoor pool. The ugly scars that painfully decorated my body were slowly disappearing, and Charlie-bear had said that it meant my body felt safe.

I think I was closet to him, even though Jules and Car were here too. When Ana came home, everyone had swarmed her, but Charlie picked me up and twirled me around before introducing me to his sister.

She was very pretty, and her eyes were dreamlike. Mine were just clouds compared to hers.

The swimsuit I was in was new, as Charlie and Mr Thomas had brought me a whole bunch of clothes when I arrived. I dipped a toe into the pool, and it was warm so I jumped right in. Charlie and Grayson had taught me to swim a few weeks ago, and I was strong enough now to keep myself up. 

I was busy kicking around when I heard another splash. I jumped a bit, and swam quickly to the ledge. Anastasia's head popped above the water, her brown curly hair tied up in a bun above her head. 

"Hey kiddo, whatcha doing here?" she asked nicely, and I pushed away from the ledge to go to her. She was standing on her toes in the pool, so I jumped onto her hip and she held me tight.

"I couldn't sleep, the night monster was there," I whispered, causing Anastasia to nod knowingly.

The Night Monster was something my dad had told me about to scare me away when I was very little, and it stuck to me so bad that now I could see the monster every night. Only Charlie and Ana knew about it, because they had both found me screaming in my bed from my nightmares. 

Quinn and Anastasia stayed in the same room, and Hazel and Gabby stayed in Hazel's room. I had asked for a bed in Charlie's room, and Mr Thomas agreed, setting one up in the corner of Charlie's room. It had smooth pink sheets and fluffy pillows on it, and Charlie always made sure I was okay before turning the lights out.

Anastasia kissed my forehead and swam us both back to the ledge, where I noticed Quinn was. He was still in his night clothes, watching us from one of the seats in the room. He waved to me and I waved back shyly.

"How about we swim together for a few minutes before going to bed Astrid, does that sound okay?" Anastasia asked, and I nodded pulling away from her. She chased me around the pool, sometimes pulling in some exercises for her leg, which had a matching scar to mine on it. 

We played together for around twenty minutes before Quinn called out the time. He pulled out my towel and wrapped me tightly in it, making sure I was warm. He and Anastasia quickly kissed, which caused me to giggle.

Quinn and Anastasia both grabbed one of my hands each, and we walked together back up the stairs to Charlie's room, where Quinn decided to stay outside. Charlie-bear was at his desk, and he turned around when he heard the door open. 

"Hey topolina," he said as I ran into his arms. 

"Hey Charlie-bear," I said back, booping his nose.