Charlie's Principessa

Thomas' POV

Thomas' POV

~ flashback ~

Her cries made me tear-up as she took her first breath.

My three sons were impatiently waiting outside as their baby sister was being born, my youngest  Jacob only just entering his toddler years.

My wife was smiling as our principessa was placed into her arms, waves of congratulations being  thrown around. The mid-wife, who Tina and I had known since our firstborn Charlie's arrival, handed me the scissors to cut my precious daughter's umbilical cord.

She took our daughter from Tina and held her up so I could cut it. As soon as it was cut, I dropped the scissors, motioning for the mid-wife to give my daughter to me.

She laughed and handed my precious principessa to me. She was slowly waking up, her tiny fingers clenched and her mouth slightly open. Her eyes slowly opened, and I was met with Tina's blue eyes. Her button nose was slightly wet, and I wiped it down with the blanket she was in.

"My love, what shall we name her?" I asked, and Tina smiled.

"I've always loved the name Anastasia, it's regal and special for our princess," she said. I nodded, handing Anastasia to Tina.

"It's perfect, amore mio," I whispered, kissing her gently on her forehead. 

There was a knock at the door, and three impatient boys popped their heads in. "Papà seriously, I just wanna see her!" cried Charlie. Grayson nodded next to him.

"Pwetty peas!" he shouted, causing Anastasia to stir. 

"Grayson, inside voice!" Tina chastised, and he nodded dropping his head slightly. The three boys came into the room, little Jacob resting snugly on Charlie's hip. I took him from Charlie, and let him sleep on my hip.

The two awake boys were in awe as they took in the first looks of their new baby sister. Charlie held her hand, and her tiny fingers clasped around one of his.

"She's so cute," he cooed, and her eyes opened again. He stroked her bald head, and kissed it. 

"What's her name dad?" he asked.

"Well your mother and I decided on Anastasia, but we still don't have a second name."

Charlie smiled. "What about Rosa, and for her English name, we just use Rose?" he asked, and Tina smiled. 

"Rose is perfect."

----

4 years later

My family were all seated in front of the largest Christmas tree we had ever bought. Anastasia was running in circles around it, chased by Grayson and Charlie. Nathan and Hazel were together, tumbling around as Tina tried to keep the two toddlers away from the candles lit on the tree. 

After Hazel's birth, Tina and I finally knew our family was complete. Jacob was sitting next to Evelyn, Andrew's daughter, who also happened to be my own Anastasia's best friend. He was showing her his new train set and asking about her day.

I already knew he would go after her in the future.

Tina cleared her throat and the mess of people, both family and trusted mafia members. Roman was with Daniella, and Alex was snuggled in close to the both of them. Rosalie was here with Julian and Carlotta, but she was on edge, like something was wrong.

Her husband had not arrived.

Evelyn's parents were standing by the fireplace, and smiled at Tina as she lifted her glass. "My family, my friends. Another year is up and gone, I have six beautiful children, we have been safe and stayed healthy, and we are together. I'm grateful to be surrounded by love, and with that, here's to another year!" 

Everyone cheered and clinked glasses, the children all clinking their plastic cups full of soda and juice. Grayson grabbed every soda and juice we had and poured them into his cup, mixing it in. "Grayson I wouldn't do that if I was you!" Tina cried, as he took a sip.

"YUMMMM!" he yelled, and he took more sips.

"Gross Gray-Gray!" Anastasia yelled, and she tackled him, forcing the drink out of his hand. Charlie picked up Anastasia and she stuck her tongue out. Grayson picked up his cup, and tipped it upside down, one last drop of his horrifying concoction escaping.

Tina led him to the bathroom to lean him up, and I asked Rosalie to watch over my two youngest as I tracked down my fiery daughter. Charlie had taken her outside to the treehouse that had been his Christmas gift to her. 

He had asked me to organise this, giving me all his pocket money for it. I climbed up the ladder to where Charlie was talking to Anastasia. She was listening intently, and I decided to sit back and allow him to have control.

"Ana, you can't just tackle Grayson because he makes a disgusting drink!" he said, and she nodded, a small tear slipping down.

"I know Charlie, but he put papà's drink into it, and that's bad!" she said. A smile crept onto my face. She was a smart cookie. I hadn't seen him put any vodka or whiskey into his cup, but her eyes did.

"Next time tell mamma or papà though ok? We can't have you in any trouble patatina, ok?" he asked. She nodded and jumped on me, squeezing his neck. He lifted her up, supporting her legs. "Let's go tell daddy we knew he was here the whole time, sì?" She giggled in response and pointed to where I had been the whole time.

"You found me sweetheart!" I said and she laughed motioning for Charlie to put her down. He did gently and she ran into my arms. I twirled her around before letting her climb onto my back. "Hold on very tight whilst I climb down, okay Anastasia?"

"Sì papa," she chirped.

I climbed down, and once I was on the ground she climbed up so that she was sitting on top of my shoulders. "Onwards papà!" she cried and I walked back to the house, where a crowd had gathered. They laughed as they saw their mafia king carrying his princess around on his shoulders. 

Tina walked into the room smiling. "Someone accidentally put your favourite whiskey into their drink and I can safely say they will be out for a few hours." I grinned at her and placed Anastasia on the ground. Charlie sat down on the couch and she snuggled into him, falling asleep almost instantly.

Everyone started to slowly head out, with only Roman's family and Rosalie and Julian staying behind. Roman and Daniella were gazing into each other's eyes, and Tina led Alex and Julian up to Grayson's room to sleep there. Rosalie bid us goodnight as she walked upstairs to one of the guest bedrooms. 

Roman and Daniella smiled towards me, and walked outside into the warm summer air to sit by the pool. Charlie and Anastasia were asleep on the couch, both holding on to each other tight. 

It warmed my heart. Tina snuck up behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. "I knew Charlie was a softie, but I guess it's only when he's around his sisters," she remarked.

I nodded. Charlie had been training in the mafia for just over a year, and it was something I was beginning to regret. His childhood was slowly melting away, his twelfth birthday nearing closer and closer. He had started to become more and more like me, stone-cold towards strangers, and only close with his family.

He had stopped hanging around with Grayson all the time, only ever having time for his sisters when he wasn't training. He was becoming increasingly good at hand to hand combat, and his trainers had started to received bruises more and more.

I just hoped that he would always stay true to his sisters.

Lord knows they would need comfort in this world in the future.