Butterflies Through My Stomach

Anastasia's POV

Anastasia's POV

I never drove myself to school. 

It's not that I didn't want to or couldn't. My parents had raised us to be as independent as we could be, and I had already completed more than half of my required hours as a Learner driver. 

It was just that my brothers wouldn't let me. They insisted they do it, because they liked being able to protect Hazel and I in anyway they could, even if it meant driving us. Charlie and Grayson were out of school, being twenty-four and twenty-one respectively, but had continued to drive us until Jacob had turned eighteen, and had gotten his P-Plates.

Jacob was only a year older than I, whilst Nathan was fifteen, and Hazel fourteen. Out of all of my brothers, Jacob was certainly the most solemn and quiet of the lot, unless a certain best friend of mine came into view.

Then he was all Chatty Matty. 

He even smiled

The car rides had never changed, becoming more of a family tradition than anything. 

I had control of the music, much to Jacob's absolute hatred, so of course The Amazing Devil or Alfie Templeman was always on, usually on a rotation. As we drove into school today, it was no different. 

Jacob was muttering to himself, Nathan was eating a left over pancake, and Hazel and I were singing to the sweet tune of Alfie Templeman's music, never once pausing. 

Until the car stopped rather bluntly.

Someone had parked in Jacob's precious parking spot, in a posh looking Mercedes that I knew belonged to someone new. Most of the kids at our school who could drive lived a walking distance away, and no one in the area would dream of driving a Mercedes to our school.

It was like they wanted the attention.

A small crowd of people had gathered around the parking spot as the four of us exited Jacob's Jeep, which he insisted we refer to by her name, Tabitha. Jacob looked as if he were ready to kill someone, which in all honesty, he could, whilst Nathan just looked amused, still eating his pancakes. 

"Ana! Babe! I've got news, birthday bitch!" Evelyn called out, running at me to give me a hug. "So there's this really hot new guy currently standing in the hallway - by the way, that's his car - and you need to see him. Like, neeeeeeed to see him. I think he's English."

She paused, looking up at Jacob, who was about a foot taller than my tiny best friend, and blushed as his eyes met hers, something I could only roll my eyes at. It was clear she had been in love with my brother since they had met, and it was the same with him, but neither had ever done anything about their feelings.

They hadn't kissed, but they hadn't dated anyone else. Evelyn had kissed a few guys here and there whenever she had been drunk at parties, but other than that, she had never done anything else.