23

Who's missed this book? Enjoy x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recap:

 Get ready Graham because Kellien Nicolai is coming and I am going to kill you. For the protection of my family and future sibling, this ends now.

Chapter 23

 Kellien’s POV:

 I’m ending this. I am 110% sure of this and there is no way that anyone could stop me, but I am only a 5 year old…no! I am mentally and emotionally older than that. I will be able to do this. I will be able to stop this from continuing on any further for the sake of myself and especially for my family. We can’t keep running. I won’t subject any more of this family to that and with my mother now pregnant with my sibling, I can’t let this continue. This is no life. This is no way to grow up and I would like some semblance of a normal childhood sometime soon.

 Over the next few days I planned ways for me to not only get out of the house, but also for me to be able to take some of the weapons my mum has locked away in the gym room of this house. She’s the only one with the key and she’s the only one that lets me in; although, she has been a little distracted lately with all the sickness and the new unborn baby that she hasn’t been focusing on the key to the gym or wearing it. It must be in her room, but I need to go get it at a time when she and dad are out of the room or she is too busy being sick.

 Now getting out of the house won’t be so hard. I know a lot of spells. I could use a quietness spell or a sleeping spell and have the whole house be knocked out while I sneak out. All I have to do is sneak out the window and run off to where I know there are a bunch of vampires. Mum keeps tabs on them a lot and she has been known to jot down local sightings of them to make sure that they are at least a good 5 miles away from us at all times.

 Once I was sure of the plan, all I had to do was wait for a time when dad was out scouting and mum was sick, which with the way her stomach has been didn’t make me wait for very long. Once I knew that dad was long gone and mum was being sick in her en-suite bathroom, I ran in and decided to be the concerned son.

 “Mum? Are you ok? Why are you sick?” I asked my mum as I knocked on the bathroom door.

 “It’s nothing Kell, just a bad bug.” My mother lied.

 “I’ll get you some saltines.” I said, but in truth I’d brought them up here with me. I muttered the silent movement spell and started to look around for what I needed. I found the key in mum’s draw, hidden behind a box and I shut the draw, making it look like I was never there. Just in time too, because my mum came out of the bathroom looking a little green and she came over to me. I helped her into bed and gave her the saltines to snack on. She started nibbling away at them. She looked at me and rubbed my cheek with her finger.

 “You are such a good boy, Kellien; my special little boy.” My mother smiled at me and I kissed her forehead, whispering a small apology in my head to her.

 "I’ll go and let you rest.” I said to my mother and she nodded to me before turning on her TV and eating her saltines. I walked out and shut the door, lightly sighing at the idea of lying to her and leaving her, but feeling determination knowing that I was doing it for a good reason.

 While mum was busy in her bedroom, I snuck downstairs and over to her office near the gym. I narrowly missed my cousin Riley, who I knew would want to play, but luckily my magic could confuse him to think that I wasn’t there. I ran into the office and went over to my mother’s safe. I knew the combination as I saw it once when I was younger. It was my birthday and so once I entered it in, it opened. I looked through the files as quickly as I could till I found the nearest compound of vampires…Knoxville, which was an hour away by car and 30 minutes by running. I put everything back the way that it was, the way that it looked before I was there to make it seem like I wasn’t there at all. I then went back to my bedroom to get ready to get the weapons tonight.