Chapter IV: What a Surprise

Comenzar desde el principio

"And the stab wound didn't have contact with the heart, correct?" Spencer asks, "That is correct, yes, " she confirms.

"Are there any signs of sexual assault?" Eden questions. "Yes, actually, there are signs of rape, " she answers back.

"Post or Antemortem?" Eden asks,

"Postmortem, " the coroner responds.

After a couple of minutes of already known information, Reid and Ellis head back to the station.

"This guy is a necrophiliac," Reid breaks the silence. "That's for certain, " Eden replies, "but why the overkill? Jascenia and Kylie don't look alike whatsoever, which points more toward the motive being vengeance rather than having a surrogate, " Eden states.

Spencer quickly glances at her with a surprised look, "Eyes on the road mister, " Eden jokes,
"Its Doctor, " Reid chuckles,

"Yeah, yeah, " she chuckles before returning her thoughts to the case, "Do you think the unsub could have a relationship with both of them? It would make sense, " Eden lets out.

"Most likely. He's also a clear sexual sadist, " Spencer says.

"But what confuses me is the necrophilia. Why rape her after death? If he gets off on seeing them terrified and humiliated, it would make more sense to rape them antemortem, " Eden says as Spencer pulls up to the station.

" Let's tell the team about the assault it affects the profile for sure, " Spencer states.

Spencer and Eden walk to the police station as a bunch of news outlets start attacking them with questions.

"No comment, " they both say.

They saunter into the police station and enter the conference room.

"Heeyyyyy, the lovebirds are back from their honeymoon," Morgan jokes.

"If you call seeing a dead girl's body on a metal table like a slab of meat a honeymoon, then I want a refund, " Eden responds.

Morgan chuckles, "found anything new?" he asks. "She was raped postmortem, " Eden says, " Really?" Rossi raises his brows in surprise,

"Yeah, which I found that odd because if our guy is a sexual sadist, he would want them awake if I'm not mistaken, " Eden informs the team.

The conversation is interrupted by a deputy entering the room, " Excuse me, sir, " he speaks to Hotch, "The Dolt family is here along with a friend of Jascenia's, " the team glances out the window to see an older woman, a young woman, and a child all holding hands tightly, all having expressions of fear and sadness present,

"It's clear they're close, JJ, Ellis, go ahead and interview them altogether. If we separate them it'll be harder to get them to talk, " Hotch said.

JJ and Eden nodded before walking out of the room to direct the women to a private room.

"Have you found my baby yet?" Mrs. Dolt asks.

"We are doing everything we can, " JJ responds, "We just need to ask you some questions, just to get to know Jascenia and who would want to someone like her and Kylie Sawyer."

"Wait, is Kylie dead?" Willow, the child, asks.

"You knew Kylie?" Eden asks.

"None of us really knew her personally but she and Jascenia were friends, " Lilah, the young adult, responds.

"Can you think if anyone would want to hurt them, or if someone has ever threatened them?" Eden asks.

"They both dated the same guy, he cheated on both of them with each other, that's actually how they became friends, " Lilah tries to smile but sobs instead.