(OLD) Chapter 1: Overseer

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I will burn down the main gate when I get there. Then we will launch a full scale invasion." I say tapping my sword's handle with my index finger.

"Understood." Crownslayer replied respectfully. "Is there anything else we have to do when we are inside?"

I originally had my sights on Kaiser Rye, but he isn't easily swayed to my words. I just hope he isn't on the wrong side right now.

"I will give them out once we reach there. Did the spies find any new data?"

"No ma'am. We only know that the Chernobogian Royal Guards and Rhodes Island will be there."

"Good. We don't need any other faction thwarting my plan. You can go now. I'll leave once these soldiers are done."

"Understood." And in a flash she is gone.

The Chernobogian Royal Guards are just plants waiting to be melted. Rhodes Island is full of incompetent operators. The only operators that are capable of running over the Reunion are from Lungmen, but even they will struggle to stay alive.

The massive blanket called night is going to engulf us soon. Its a shame that I can't have some peace right now, but someone has to lead the Reunion.

"Time to get going." I mutter to myself as I started to climb down the building.

My soldiers are now arming themselves with their weapons as I shot them a glare. I could see Mephisto and Faust's team in the distance.

"Everyone start finishing up what you're doing and get in formation! Then we head out to take over Chernobog!" My troops scramble to their positions and start heading out. The ones that held torches are busy leading the way.

As I make my way past the marching troops Crownslayer walked next to me.

"Is everything under control?" I ask while I continue to look forward.

"Yes, everything is under control." She answered.

"Good."

"Aren't we attacking Chernobog in order to gain a foothold of the Ursus Empire?" Crownslayer inquired.

"Yes we are." I respond. "If we grab hold of a city with the resources we need we can make preparations for another attack on Lungmen. When that happens there will most likely not be another Catastrophe."

"Why do we need to attack Lungmen."

"This doesn't concern you at this moment." I gave her a stern look.

A look of suspicion was returned to me, but she decided to trust me. For now, at least...

A few years ago

There were countless people holding up signs, chanting, yelling and taunting the Chernobog Royal Guards. There were sirens everywhere followed by riots and crying children. Protests were the norm back then before the Reunion was actually established. I had my flame arts back then, but it was considerably weaker then. I only had one noticeable Originium crystal on my shoulder, but it was tiny and covered by my outift.

I remember when the Chernobog city governor declared that there was a cure for Oripathy. It was such a blatant lie that very few people fell for. The governor used the Royal Guards and the police as means to quell the number of Infected people.

I occasionally spoke during the protests, but the people were restless. Civilians were killing each other senseless out of fear, resentment and hatred. The infected were the main targets, but uninfected people were also killed.

The Ursus empire was under the control of Koschei for many years even decades. I lived as his successor for many years before finally slitting his throat. After that I left Ursus only to return to see the aftermath. This happened over the course of many tumultuous years. Until that village incident.