Chapter 17

" You really can change people's mood." Ian smiles at me.

"Did I change yours?" I ask him.

He smiles and nods at me.

"Ummm... Can I know what's the reason of your bad mood?" I ask him again.

I'm really curious to know.

"I wasn't in a bad mood." He replies confidently. But I know he is lying.

"Liar." I eye roll.

"No.. I am not."

"Well, someone just named me LIE DETECTOR a few moments ago. I don't think I am wrong here." I brag.

"Who named you that?" he probes.

"Simon. And I think he gives me a perfect name." I tell him.

"I don't think you should spend much time with him." He says angrily.

"Actually never mind I said that." He adds quickly and leaves me wondering why he freaked out.

....

I am at my makeup-room reading my script for the next shot but my brain can't concentrate on the lines as Ian's words are swirling around my mind. Suddenly a girl enters the room I guess she is my permanent makeup-artist for the show. She is around my age or may be a little senior.

"Hi." I greet her.

"Hello, you must be Lydia. I am Rory, I was hired to do your makeup." She says.

"I guessed that." I grin.

"You are very polite unlike others." She chuckles and starts putting makeup on me.

Within an hour she transforms my boring face to a sassy model-like. I can't believe my eyes.

"Wow!! You are so amazing. I mean you changed my look completely." I can't help but complementing her.

"Thanks. At least you liked it otherwise last time was terrible." She says with a sadden expression on her face.

"Last time?.....What happened last time?" I ask curiously.

"Last time, I worked for April Price but she didn't like my work. So, she insulted me in front of everyone and fired me." She informs.

"Oh... I am so sorry. I shouldn't have brought this topic." I say.

"No... It's okay.. I am glad that you aren't like her." She beams.

"By the way, who is this April?" I question.

"April... You don't know April?" She asks in surprise. I shake my head in confusion.

"April Price, Ian's girlfriend."

Ian's Girlfriend.....!!

My stomach twists, hearts becomes heavy. I can't comprehend what she said.

"Ian's girlfriend?" I repeat shakily.

"Well, I am not sure if she is or not. But I heard about them like other rumors. Also, last time when I worked with them...." She gets cut of by me.

"They worked together?" I ask.

"Yea, Calvin Klein campaign. She used to spend most of the time at Ian's vanity. That's why, I'm suspecting those rumors aren't absolutely false." She states.

"There are many rumors about them. Haven't you heard any of those?" She further tells.

I can remember some rumors I heard about Ian. And I never pay any attention to those not even bother to see whose name is associated with him. But what I heard today is unpleasant. I know it shouldn't bother me but eventually it does.

I shake my head as a No.

Then she informs me more about her working experience with April and her previous works. I listen to her silently, sometimes nod, but don't reply her back.

"Anyway, what else to say. She is a cranky-head." She sighs.

I give her an unpleasant smile.

Later, I stay scatterbrained while working. It took me several takes to finish a simple shot properly. I am surprised that the crew members didn't mortify me for that. Luckily, I don't have any shot with Ian today.

'Why is it bothering you that he has a girlfriend? His girlfriend isn't something of your concern. He is just a colleague, nothing else. He is nothing else.' My mind is repeating over and over as I'm about to leave after finishing my work.

Ian is leaning on the gateway when I reach there. He speaks on the phone. So, I gently decide to ignore him but stop when he calls from behind.

"Hey, how's your day?" He asks.

"It was fine." I simply reply.

"Mine was good too." He tells me without me even asking. "By the way, are you coming to the party this weekend?" He questions.

"Which party?"

"A celebration for us... Sort of get together."

"Oh!!... I don't think I will be coming." I say.

"Why not?"

"I have plans..." I lie. "Anyway I have to go... Will you excuse me?"

"Yea... May I drive..." He is about to finish but gets cut iff as I decline his offer.

"No need... I actually have to meet my friends." I hoarse.

"Oh!! Okay." He replies hopelessly.

I don't know why, but I feel better after refusing him. I think this is the only solution to my hopeless problem. Simply stay away from him.

Yes, I'm going to avoid being near him as much as possible.

Thanks for reading.
Please put your vote and leave a comment❤️
XoXo,
- Lazina🖤