Chapter 16

"Is that how you do it? Like what is it?"

"What part of do it properly did you not get?"

"I didn't know you are this bad or I would never cast you."

"Come on, she isn't bad. She is the worst." Laughter echoes.

"Yea, she is beyond useless."

.....

My eyes fly open with straits in them, the forehead is covering with bead of sweat, a single drop of tear falls from my eyes. I wipe the sweat away. As I rouse myself I realize it was nothing but a hideous dream. But the humiliations sound pretty real.

I don't know why I have this kinda dreams before every special occasion.

Today is surely a significant day of the year. Before getting ready for the new journey of my life I take a moment to cherish the feelings and take my journal to write it down.

Dear Diary,

Never forget today's date. I am going to step into my new life from this day on. My shoot is going to start and I had another pathetic dream like I always have. Terrible!!

But I know God is very kind to me. Everything is going unexpectedly well since new year. Then why would today be bad? Even he wished me good luck last night after our......

I slam the journal as I started writing about Ian out of nowhere. I am so influenced by him that no matter what I do, end up thinking about him. I know this is too early for this feeling. I don't know him aptly neither we interacted much. But can't help. Anyway,

I get ready as fast as possible. Then I leave for the shooting spot way before the call time.

Getting there really gives me goosebumps. Hundreds of crew members with giant set up, cameras, lights, more equipments which I've never seen in my life are already being placed there. But none of the cast members are present yet. Am I the only early bird?

"No, you aren't." a familiar male voice from behind replies to my thoughts.

I look back and find Simon standing there.

"How do you know that I was thinking about it?" I show my curiosity.

"Hello to you too, lil barbie." He beams.

"Yea, hello. Tell me how did you know?" I am more mystifying now.

"Curious I see," he chuckles. "I know because I can read minds." He jokes.

I furrow my brows.

"What? You don't believe me I can be a mind reader? He adds.

"No.... You just guessed as I was looking around hopelessly." I say.

"But you surely can be a lie detector and yes, you're right I just guessed and it turned out to be correct. But why did you even ask when you knew the answer?" He is impressed by my skill at the same time reminds me of my idiocy.

I laugh hearing him as I have nothing to reply. He joins with me shortly.

....

A spot boy comes to us a few minutes later to hands us the script, and we both looks at the script.

Scene 1:

"There's no way I am loosing the bet." Cheryl says.

"Don't overpower yourself, he (Eric) is the toughest guy in the college." Chris replies.

"Doesn't matter how he is. No one can resist QUEEN C and he is just a pawn. Besides, you know that, what will happen after I win. Don't you?" She brags.

"You're never gonna win the bet, let alone winning me." He replies.

"Let's see." She smirks.

I clearly remember from previous reading that Simon gets the character of heartthrob Chris. And the difficult guy's role will be played by Ian. Well, suits him, difficult guy gets the difficult character.

And no wonder that Cheryl girl is me.

"We have our first scenes together." Simon speaks first.

"Yea.... Wanna practice the lines, Mr. heartthrob?" I respond.

"Work..work...work..!!" He exhilarates.

We rehearse for few times until we are called for dress and makeup.

The scenes turn out to be fantastic. Everyone praises our performance and it was nothing like my dream of this morning.

Being overwhelmed I embrace Simon and that gives the director a new idea. They ask us to improvise where I have to kiss on his cheek before leaving the frame. Sounds fiddly but kiss on the cheek of a cute guy isn't a big deal. So I do as I was told and impress the director in just one take.

On the spur of the moment, my eyes found the blue-eyed boy standing in a corner. I walk towards him.

"Hey, When did you come? I didn't see you." I probe him.

"Just few moments ago. Nice shot BTW." He rasps.

Oh!! He watched my shot. But why does he sound so harsh? Is it about the awkward reaction I gave after the closeness yesterday?

"Thanks but what happened?" I query.

"What?....nothing." he answers.

"You are talking roughly with me. What's wrong? Is it about yesterday?" I eerily ask.

"What about yesterday?" he replies.

"Yesterday... That things got awkward...." Still, sheepish.

"No...what? That was nothing." He is amused by my stupidity but still sound uninterested.

I feel relief knowing it is not about yesterday. Seems like a burden just fell from my chest.

"Then what? Wait, let me guess. You are again in a bad mood and I'm your punching bag. Right?" I quip.

He looks at me with straight face, tries to hold a smile.

"Right?" I nudge his arm.

"You are unbelievable." He couldn't hold his laughter any longer.

"I know." I giggle along with him.

Thanks for reading guys.
Please show me some love by voting ,commenting and if possible sharing it with your friends. It means a lot to me.
Lots of love ❤️
XoXo,
L🖤