Chapter 12

The way he demanded to drop me home, I couldn't deny, I guess I never wanted to deny but I don't know why I am having this butterflies inside me and it feels good. He leads me towards his car and it surprises me when he opens the passenger door for me. What a gentleman he is!

It's a white Mercedes-Benz. Classy Ian Kevensky!!

He smiles at me and points me to get inside, I follow as he says, and he also scoots inside afterward. As he turns the heat on, the car fills with his scent which is like my new favorite smell but I try to ignore my admiration in order to hide it from him and focus on the music playing from his playlist. The song is very rhythmic and differently good. It's R&B I suppose. Seems like he likes classic genre. Quite impressive!! I almost like his music taste although I've hardly heard them before.

"Address ma'am? Where do you live?" He starts.

"Cal state campus"

"Campus? Do you live in a dorm?" he says

"Yup"

"Where are you from BTW? I mean where's your parents?" he is curious.

"I'm actually from Canada. So, my parents are there." I smile.

"Canada!! That's a beautiful place"

"Hmm Hmm." I am still listening songs carefully. These are melodious to hear, but I am feeling little drowsy.

"So, you like R&B?" I say to avoid my doziness.

"You are quite shrewd. Yes, I really like rhythm. How about you?" he asks.

"No specific genre. I like songs which are canorous to listen" I reply.

"That's not an exact answer. You surely like anyone specifically."

"Well,I like Shakira."

"Sure you do." He smirks.

"Why? What's wrong with her? She is a great pop-star. You don't like her?" I get slightly annoyed at his reaction on my favorite singer.

"Who doesn't. I'm just saying." he says.

I guess My typical choice of music is the reason behind his mocking tone. But he is right, everyone likes Shakira. I mentally smile at this thought.

Over the drive,we talked random topics about each other. I tell him about growing up in Edmonton, how excited I used to be during Christmas in my childhood, why I came to America etc. He seems very curious about knowing my life as a child and laughs when I tell him about my childhood habit of acting in front of the mirror. But he doesn't offer me much information about himself. He tells me he was born and brought up in Phoenix. There he used to live with his mother, and he has an elder brother who lives in downtown.

I am disappointed to see the sign of Cal State as we drove onto the campus, I wanted to spend more time with him. He stops the car near the gate.

"Thanks for the ride. I really had a good time." I don't know what else to say, should I hug him goodbye?

"I would like to walk you to your room but this gentleman...." He points out to the guard standing there.

"It's okay." I'm not sure if I should hug him goodbye or not.

I feel relieved when his fingers tug on a few loose strands of my hair and tuck them behind my ears. I look down as I am feeling my cheeks are becoming red.

"Goodbye." I gently say and he nods.

I climb off of the car and start to walk but Ian calls for me and gets out of the car to reach me.

"Yes"

"What's your plan for tomorrow?" He says. WHAT? Is he going to ask me out. My mind is bouncing in jolly.

"Nothing. Just class and the reading(script reading)" I reply.

"Well, you can skip the reading." He says nervously.

"Why?" I already know what he is gonna say still I need to hear it from him.

"I was wondering maybe we could just hangout or something if that's okay with you obviously." He smiles unsure.

"Umm.... hangout is cool." His face lit up with my approval.

"But the reading is more important. Our shoot is going to start in two days." I add.

There is no way I want to decline him but Lydia can't be Lydia without being complex. So I add the last line as I couldn't stop myself from saying. He seems to disappoint a bit but tries again to convince me.

"You don't need anymore reading after weeks and I will help you with your lines." He looks at me expecting me to agree with him.

"Okay... See you tomorrow." I say. I want to laugh in happiness but I disdain my subconscious.

"I will pick you up at 7. Is that okay?" He says while beaming.

"Hmm."

Oh!! I really want to hug him goodbye, my subconscious is screaming. I am wondering how he knew my wish as he surprises me with a hug and whispers in my ears "Goodbye" which sends a shiver through my veins.

...

Next morning I wake up with my favorite scent around me, Ian's smell. I am feeling the warmth underneath me. I am laying on him, my face is pressed against his bare chest, arm wraps around him while his one arm wraps around my waist. I can feel his hot breath over my head.

"Good morning" he whispers over my hair.

"Good morning." I reply lazily with closed eyes. I don't want to open my eyes and want to stay like this forever.

"Good morning to you too, Love." I hear a girl's voice.

"Who is that girl? Or it's just your voice becomes like a girl." My eyes are still closed and I still have no idea that whatever I just said doesn't make any sense.

"Lydia!!" I can hear that girly voice again and also feel something soft like pillow thrown onto me which finally makes my eyes open in surprise.

Once I open my eyes that familiar leather scent vanished along with warmth around me.WHAT!!!! It was a dream? Oh God!!! No fucking way I dreamt of him after just a car ride with him.

"Stop the R&B music from your background and tell me about your dream." Freya demands.

No, she can't be so obvious. I am already feeling embarrassed on top of that her demand.

"You don't know It was Ian in my dream" I pout.

"Come on girl, even a stranger can tell that you were dreaming of Ian. Just tell me the details." she says and I eye roll on this cue.

Why is she so excited?

Thanks for reading lovelies😍
XoXo,
L🖤