Chapter 8

I've waited for it seems like forever to see his ocean blue eyes are on me. And finally when he looks at me, my heart starts beating faster, my pulse starts racing and I immediately move my eyes away from him. Although I didn't want to but I had to because my cheeks would become red if I would look at him any longer. But I can sense his eyes are still on me as I am moving towards him with Renie.

"Hey Ian, what's up man? You came so late. You knew that today is the cast's meeting." Renie says as if she is complaining.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry, I was a bit busy and I already met the casts." Ian replies carelessly while looking at the phone again.

"No, you didn't yet. Did you meet Lydia? She is your heroine whom we cast last week." Renie says pointing towards me.

He looks at me again and looks back to where he was looking.

Wait what? His heroine? Then who is Simon? And what about most of the screen sharing? Then whom I am going to romance? Ohhhh! This is so confusing.

I jerk away all my thoughts immediately and introducing myself to him.

"Hi, I am Lydia Paris. Nice to meet you." I say being formal and extend my hand for shaking his. He shifts his eyes from phone to me.

"Oh! Hi, Ian." he says quickly and again look back to his phone and actually leaves the place this time without even noticing that I extended my hands towards him.

This was beyond rude.

...

My work here has done, I am just about to leave when Renie asks me to have something with them and literally drags me to the office cafeteria. But as soon as we reach the cafeteria she sort of disappears.

I don't feel hungry at all. So I order only a cappuccino for me and sit on a nearby empty table alone. My mind is still thinking about the rudeness I just received and my eyes are searching for that arrogant piece of shit.

My preying eyes finally find the epitome of rudeness, monument of arrogance sitting alone on the window table away from my table, having hamburger. Well, not alone. He has his best companion with him,his phone and the person inside the phone. Feeling like rolling my eyes mentally.

I become zoned out for a while analyzing his behavior. I don't know where I am looking. Towards him or towards something else but, I am twirling my spoon in my coffee continuously in a slow motion. Out of the blue, somebody knocks on my forehead.

"Knock knock." Simon says while knocking on my forehead like knocking the door.

"Hey." I reply. I don't know what else to say.

"Can I sit here?" Simon says. He has a cappuccino in his hand.

"Yeah sure."I say. He sits down.

"Hey, sorry. I couldn't congratulate you before"

"Congratulate, for what?"

"That you signed the contract.I heard this is your first time. So how are you feeling?" He says while sipping his coffee.

"I don't know, I am happy, very happy actually." I smile. "And I am nervous. I don't know how is the process? What am I gonna do?" I say being confused. " Do you think I can do that?"

"Of course you can. Otherwise, they wouldn't have chosen you. And don't worry, the process isn't that tough. You have to give a screen test. It's basically a look test and attain the acting workshop just to customize your acting ability. Well, we all have to, you know, work on the script before act in front the camera. Yeah, That's it. Easy!!" He says.

"Script. I don't even know the story either." I inform him.

"Me neither. But I heard it's gonna be a love triangle between three of us." He chuckles.

Okay. Now it makes sense. Why I am Ian's heroine and why most of the screen sharing with Simon.

Good thing is when Ian being an arrogant ass, Simon is very friendly. And we become friends quickly. We talk about other random things until we finish our coffee when I am imagining Ian's eyes are on me. But I ignore my imagination and laugh at the story Simon is sharing about his first audition.

Once we finish our coffee, I am leaving the office while Simon says he is going to stay here a little longer. We get up from the table and Simon gives me a side hug as I am leaving and my eyes fall on Ian.

My imagination turns out to be wrong when I see he is actually looking at me. His eyes are rigid and narrowed. If eyes could dodge bullets then I would be dead by now. But why is he looking at me like this?

Being unknowing with the reason, I give him a frowning look in return of his angry look and leave the cafeteria.

Thanks everyone for reading. Please put your precious vote here and let me know how you feel about it.
XoXo,
L🖤