Chapter 12: Normal Day

Ashira's POV

A heavy arm on my stomach woke me up the next morning. I fell asleep last night after a few hours when Aiden left, and did not notice the time he came back.

I saw Aiden's face as I opened my eyes. His eyes are shut as he lay sideways beside me with arms resting above my stomach.

He slept in my room.

Feeling the urge to use the bathroom, I moved his arm away slowly, avoiding to wake him. But before I could succeed, a pair of golden-brown eyes met with mine.

"Hey..." I whispered to him.

He snuggled me closer to him, burying his face on my neck.

He inhaled my scent before speaking. "It feels good to wake up beside you." his voice is hoarse.

I giggled at his words.
"Good morning to you too."

He chuckled and sighed before laying down on his back and looked at the ceiling.

This morning felt warm and had something into it. Different from the other mornings I woke up from before.

"What would you like for breakfast?" he asked, voice still husky.

Uh! I can't get enough of his morning voice. It sounds so sexy!

Energetically, I stood up and looked at him.

"I'll cook breakfast today!" I said before running to the bathroom. Not waiting for his reply or if he believed me.

I left the bathroom door open as I do my stuff. Not really having the time to close it since I needed to pee badly.

Going to the sink, I started washing my face then brushed my teeth when I saw Aiden leaning on the door looking at me through the mirror.

"Cook for three. Nick's at the guestroom."

I was shocked but I did not make it visible. I just mumbled an 'okay' while finishing to brush my teeth.

So he's not jealous of Nick now? He was, right?

Aiden, on the other hand, kept watching my actions. Like he's waiting to detect something from me as he said that.

I finished brushing and faced him.

"What's wrong?" I can sense he's bothered by something.

"You don't like Nick, don't you?"

I nearly laughed from his question but pursed my lips to not to. Meanwhile, his face looks so eager to hear my response.

"Aiden." I tried sounding serious but it came out soft and weak. I really love saying his name. "He's not my type. Why'd you ask that?"

I felt him relaxed from my answer as he grabbed me closer to him.

"I just want to be sure." he said sounding stern.

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his waist, getting used to his warmth.

"You're jealous of him?"

He sighed and tightly hugged me back.

"He's the first you met before me."

"I don't like him like what you think. I considered him a friend ever since we met though."

He sighed again before letting me go. I gave him a wide smile. It's weird but I like him jealous.

He bends down his face and placed a kiss on my lips. I thought it will be a deep long kiss but it was only light and quick before he pulled away from me.