Chapter 4: The Mapping Ball (Part two)

"Never forget: You're always a villain in another's story."

-jokerblade

____________

Ashira's POV

One last look at the mirror and I nodded to myself. I'm contented with my reflection. This is the best I can do anyway.

I'm completely dressed up, ready to attend the ball. I fix my face with a light foundation since I'm not really a fan of it. I made my eyes in a light smoky black shade, just to emphasize my deep green eyes and put some mascara on. I needed not to contour my face since its contrast is all in the right places, also-I don't know how to contour. My lips are in the shade nude pink. My cheeks are naturally rosy and the thin foundation didn't cover it, so no need to put blush on.

My hair falls straight in my waist not needing straightener.

I grabbed the invitation card, feeling my own life depends on this piece of paper, and head out of the room.

Ava, jump-walking close to me, greeted me. She's fully dressed and ready to go.

"Oh my God! I've waited for you to come out!" She exclaimed. My eyebrows flickered, I didn't know she was.

"What? Why?" I asked and started walking down the hall. I thought Ava get along with the four girls with us.

"Well, the girls will come in twos, that left me without one so I waited for you. I don't want to go alone!" She's really hyper. I wonder if her wolf keeps running in circles inside her. She's too energetic.

"Sorry, I didn't know. You could've told me." I said pointing in my head, referring to our mind link.

"I can't reach you at all. Your mind portal was closed." She pouted.

She's wearing a blue long dress with sleeves and a plunging neckline. Her blonde wavy hair compliments the dress.

I stopped walking and looked at her. "What?" I didn't block her or anyone in my mind. I don't know what she's saying. "I did not block you."

"Oh, I'm not saying you did. It happens sometimes when we have a lot to think, we unconsciously close our portal. You must be too excited, too." She grinned at me and shrugged. I knew what she's saying but I have full control of my wolf. My portal never closes without my permission. And I have no ounce of excitement in my nerves at all.

My forehead was knotted all the way to the ground floor, bothered with what Ava had said.

'Did you purposely blocked my mind?' I asked my wolf but she's not talking to me. What game is she playing now!

It's 30mins to 7. A shuttle will pick up every guest in the guesthouse to where the ball will be held—to the pack building.

I bet their huge hall in that building will be the venue.

I noticed our number is not too much. Every she-wolf with me came from different packs but we're around 50. No more no less.

Five 18-seater Van was parked outside the building, waiting for us. Anton, who welcomed us yesterday is upfront, eyeing everyone with a smile.

"Okay, I guess everyone's here. Good evening, ladies!" He winked at us. I'm guessing this one is a player. "Hop yourselves in the van, a group of ten in each vehicle."

I and Ava hopped on the last van, together with eight ladies I'm not sure who's.

The Van moved now and I heard cheery tiny screams from the ladies with me, Ava as well.