Chapter 3: The Mapping Ball

I woke up from soft knocks on my door. Brushing my eyes with the back of my palm, I slipped on a robe and headed to the door.

My head felt light when I woke up, feeling exhausted even after a deep slumber. I thought I can't sleep right away after the howl I had heard last night but my wolf is at peace, making me sleep soundly. None slightness feeling I'm near in danger.

I was welcomed with a trolley pushed cart with food covered in cloche tray when I open the door. I can smell its delicious scent, almost savoring it. My stomach made a loud growl, making me feel how famished I was.

No one was there. They just left the food behind. I pulled the trolley inside my room and closed the door, making sure to lock it again.

'Food arrived, sleepyheads!' Someone mind-linked me and I was certain it was Ava. We are from the same pack and already met each other, being able to access the mind link.

I guess she sent all five of us from Regal pack the same message.

I chose not to give a response and head to the bathroom to wash my face. After, I sat on the chair inside the room and placed the tray on the table.

My mouth drools upon seeing how delicious the served food was. I grabbed the spoon and start digging in.

I ate in silence, thinking of what to do today before the ball.

Invitations were sent to me together with the food. It'll be our key to enter the ball. The invite indicates the time the event will start which was 7 o'clock in the evening. I kept the invites safe, making sure it won't be lost or misplaced otherwise I'll be doomed.

I have the dress that Ophelia bought for me so I don't need to buy one from the shops which what it usually should.

It's an olive green dress with slit on both legs. The color Ophelia picked sure compliments the shade of my deep green eyes.

A silver pair of heels comes with the dress

A silver pair of heels comes with the dress. Ophelia being the fashion addict that she is will never style me with an incomplete package. She knew I suck at dressing up.

I also have a silver necklace with the Regal packs' crest as its pendant. Paired with an inch long silver earrings.

I'm sure I'll shine tonight at the ball. Literally. The thought made me want to toss every shining stuff in my luggage. But of course, I didn't.

I also need to make my face presentable. I never do make-ups well but I knew the basics. I guess I can fix myself for the ball tonight.

With all those tasks aside, I'm left with nothing to do for the rest of the day.

I was thinking of shifting into my wolf form and roam the Prime land. I love to have a run, to ease my feelings and feel free, but I'm scared someone will track my scent.