Chapter 1: Stealer

Cruz's POV

"Ashi's on her way," I told my Dad, Eric. "I don't understand what's happening, Dad." My voice can't stop sounding frustrated.

I was with my Dad on a pack meeting when Dad received a message from the enchantress through the mind link.

He's the Beta. Every concern comes to him.

Today was the Mapping where the She-Wolves who reached the age of eighteen will know where their mate is from.

Something goes wrong with Ashira's mapping process. That's what I was sure of.

We immediately drove home once we received the news.

"Let's wait for Ashira. She must be looking for answers, as well. Once she's home, we'll talk."

My Dad said and he entered the door to his study. My mom, Ophelia, followed right after.

My Dad is the Beta of our pack. Regal pack. Alpha David's son, Victor, will take over the pack in a few weeks. He'll be given the Alpha title once his 21st birthday comes.

My Dad, as the Beta, will also step down once Alpha David invokes his title as Alpha. That's when I'll take over the Beta position.

I heard a loud thud of a Wolf getting nearer. My sense of smell tells me it was Ashira.

I ran towards the back door. She must have shifted! I took a robe hanging as I'm on my way out.

Ashira's white wolf stopped in front of me. Her wolf is really beautiful. She's not my real sister but I treat her like one.

I prepare the robe and held it wide with both hands. I made sure that the robe will conceal Ashira's naked body from my eyes once she shifts back.

'Close your eyes' her wolf said to me through our mind link. I did.

Like hell, I'll like to see that. I thought, almost rolling my eyes.

I felt her grabbing the robe from my hands.

A few seconds later, I opened my eyes, her being wrapped with the robe.

"What happened?" I asked. Ashira walked past me. She walked inside the house, probably toward my Dad.

"I don't know. Something went wrong with my mapping. I'm yet aware of what that means."

I followed her as we walked inside our Dad's study.

He is already seated on his chair, holding an old book. My mother standing beside him.

My Dad looked at us and my mother rushed to Ashi and held my sister in her arms.

"Everything will be alright," Ophelia assures Ashira. Ashi just nodded and looked at my Dad again.

"The Enchantress called me a 'stealer'." She said to my father. I can hear her voice shaking but she sounds more confused than scared.

"She can't be wrong. You might be." My Dad said as he took a deep breath.

"What does that mean? The way she said it to me, it's like I'm a danger."

We took a sit in front of father. I was just listening to our conversation, trying to understand every bit of it.

"It's not like that. You're not dangerous, Ashi. Being a stealer just means," Eric paused for a second as he waits my Mom get near her. Once she wrapped her arms around Dad, he continued. "You're able to produce a pup even with someone who's not your mate."

My eyes widened by surprise. That's rare! No, that's new! I haven't even learned that. A wolf is destined with a mate. We can only have a child with our mate. So hearing this makes me confused as hell.