Chapter 9: Possessive

Everything was blurry and most of what I can remember is crying on Aiden's shoulder while he hugged me tightly in his arms.

I'm too emotional after hearing what happened to his parents and the pack. I can feel his pain while he hugged me close to him. I can feel his pain and the hardships he had after taking over the pack at a young age.

The story about Alpha Zeuracious and the stealer also worries me but I set that aside when I heard about Alpha James and Luna Tina.

Aiden's character while he's trying to comfort me is what I least expected of him. He's too soft and thoughtful of me right now that he seems like a different person. An attitude that I haven't seen from an Alpha.

It must because I'm his mate that he can show me a different side of him. That might be also the reason why I can feel what he had felt. Despite the claim not happening between us, the bond is too strong to let those memories flow to me.

Next thing I knew, he was carrying me bride-style as we headed upstairs. My sobs had calm but my eyes are still wet from the tears. My nose is probably red from how harsh I was wiping it before. I'm not conscious of how I look right now, not having enough emotion to care for myself when I was too full of his sorrows.

He gently put me in the bed and I noticed that I'm not in my room. Everywhere in here smells like Aiden.

I'm in his room.

"Why am I here?" I asked trying to sit down but he stopped me before I can.

"Stay still." He said and lay beside me. He lay on his side then reached his hand to my cheek. Gently caressing the part where the tears were. His eyes are intensely looking at mine. "Why are those tears never stopped coming?" he complained in a whisper.

I giggled at his words. I did not notice that my tears are continuously flowing.

My heart felt light around him suddenly. A part of me pitied him still but the other part praises him for being strong and brave during those times of loss.

"I'm just too sad." I admit. His eyes softened as he purses his lips, trying to halt a smile.

"You're weird," he said, giving me a weak smile.
"It's all in the past. You don't have to cry over it."

"But you're involved! Blame the mate bond for making me feel how you did." I snorted wiping my nose again.

He paused for a moment, shocked, before speaking again.
"You're supposed to have those feelings once I marked you."

What? It's my turn to freeze. Aiden was referring to the claim but I was bothered by his words. I wanted to slap my face for not knowing enough about mates and how the bond works!

"Then why am I encountering this now? You haven't claimed me yet."

We're looking at each other with a questioning look. Does this have something to do about me being a stealer?

If it is, then I'm providing inklings for what I am. I can't risk what I am to him, not now that I'd learned that a stealer caused a war in his past!

"You're weirder than I thought then." I thought he was serious but when a smile formed on his lips, I eased myself and smiled back.

I let go of the topic and changed it to something else. Avoiding to feel nervous while this close to him, I'm afraid he might feel it.

"Why are you home early anyway? Don't you have work to do?"

He's an Alpha so he must be busy but here he is. I don't think he has something planned for today.

"I decided to spend time with you. I'd like to know you more."