XXI

˜”*°• La Papessa •°*”˜

"Well well~"

(Y/n) arrived at the casino and was met with a smug look from the silvery gray haired man.

Debito slyly smirked, he didn't expect to see her so soon. He wolf-whistled (Y/n) as his eyes roamed her figure.

"Ahem, my eyes are up here."

"Perv..." She muttered and rolled her eyes, why him of all people?

"I didn't expect to see you so soon, after..."

He couldn't finish his sentence after (Y/n) gave him a 'shut up' look. Debito of course thought that her little glare was cute.

He chuckled and shook his head, "Anything I can do to help you, Bella~?" Debito smiled, it was so rare to have (Y/n) coming to him.

(Y/n) approached his reception table and crossed her arms, "Where's my sister?"

"Straight to the point, are we?"

"Just tell me where they went."

Debito playfully scoffed, so feisty, he thought. Though he does like it when women played hard to get.

He licked his lips and propped his arms on the table, his chin on his other hand. "Bribe me."

The (h/c)-nette was taken aback, of course she had expected this, but the way he said it, emitted something from her.

Inside her stomach to be more specific.

"How about you go and fuck yourself, how about that?"

Oh dear, it's not everyday you get to hear (Y/n) swear like that, but when it comes to things she worries about, like her sister, she would start screaming profanities at anyone.

(Y/n) held her head high and stared intently at his eyes. Her (e/c) eyes glowed a magenta hue and he could've sworn he can feel himself pee a little.

Her glare made him shut up, he had seen this side of her once and he ought to make sure he doesn't get to see this side of her.

And he fucked up.

Big time.

Though he won't lie, it was a slight turn on for him.

"Shit..." Debito cursed under his breath.

"Okay okay, I'll talk."

He raised his hands in defeat.

(Y/n) closed her eyes and calmed down, Debito sighed in relief. He cleared his throat, gaining her attention.

"They went to Federica's." He nervously scratched the back of his neck, (Y/n) thought for a second and slowly came to realization.

"So, that kitten was Fran..." She muttered and Debito rose a brow. But he didn't say anything.

The (h/c)-nette nodded to herself and slowly made her way out of the casino. Debito could only watch her retreating with a questioning look.

He wasn't even gonna try and stop her for a game of gamble this time.

Though despite the ways she acts, she still managed to occupy his mind every day and night.

But slowly, a smile formed on his lips.

"She's weird, I like it."

As time went by, the sun began to set. Regalo really do have some nice scenery, the scent of the sea filled her nose.

And the sound of the bustling island filled her auditory, it was a beautiful island indeed. And it was one of the clandestine of all.

Only a few and trustworthy trade partners are allowed to make trade with the island and the Arcana Famiglia were the sworn protectors of it.

And she was one of them.

Then her mind left to wonder Debito's words earlier, Federica...was a 'friend' of hers. She doesn't really how they were friends but she just went along with it.

You could say that Federica was the one who considered her a 'friend'. (Y/n) paused in her tracks, she a inhaled the salty scent of the sea.

She'll probably plan to sleep all day tomorrow, cause this day have been such a hassle.

'Oh wait, I have a lot of paperwork to do. Since I didn't do it today.'

(Y/n) sighed in irritation, just when she thought she could get a break. Just my luck, she thought.

Her (e/c) eyes roamed around her surroundings, there were men picking up some cargos, women going to the market, merchants selling their goods and children running about.

The (h/c)-nette eyes them, their laughter was pleasant to hear, ah childhood innocence is truly a bliss. It won't be long though, someday they'll lose it.

.

.

.

"(Y/n)?"