Chapter 14

We are back with a new chapter of Wayward Kids! This takes place right where the last left off. Let's see how our supernatural hunting cousins deal with this creature!

"We're NIS," Chan says, "We didn't have to tell you anything."

"This is our case," The team leader states.

"It doesn't matter," Felix says, "Once again, we're NIS."

"Just uncuff them, team leader," One of the other cops says, "They're stories check out and they are NIS..." The man sighs before digging into his pocket and taking out a pair of keys. He tosses it to Chan, who catches it and proceeds to unlock his handcuffs. The two sit on the front steps of the late Jaehyun's apartment. When the cops arrived at the scene, they cuffed the hunters, finding their presence suspicious. Thankfully, the cousins are prepared for situations like this and were able to convince the cops that they had nothing to do with this. "Where do you think the okami went?" Felix asks under his breath as he undoes his cuffs and tosses them to the side.

"No idea," Chan says, getting to his feet and helping his cousin onto his own. The two start to walk away from the house and towards their car across the street, but they are stopped by the team leader. "Where are you two going?" The team leader asks as he approaches them. The cousins exchange an exasperated look before turning to look at the man. "We have reports to fill out and higher-ups to answer to," Chan says.

"But, what about the culprit?" The man asks, "You two were the last to see him. You have to help us track him down. He couldn't have gotten that far."

"Trust me, he isn't anywhere near by," Felix murmurs, knowing that the okami is quick and that he is miles away from here. The cops can search all night, but they won't have any luck in finding him. "C'mon, you want this guy caught as much as we do," The team leader says, "And we need as much help as possible."

"You're the police," Felix says, "You should have this under wraps..."

"Yeah and you're the NIS," The cop states, "We're struggling here guys. Can't you see that?"

"I'm sorry, but we can't stick around. Don't you already have his face in the database?" Chan asks, "The CCTV footage from Johnny Seo's store? That should make your job easier." The team leader frowns and crosses his arms over his chest, not happy that the two fake NIS won't help them out with this case. "Have a good day, sir," Felix says. The cousins turn around and walk towards their car, leaving the team leader with a distressed expression on his face.

──────●◎●──────

"I just thought of something," Felix says, "Why haven't we hacked into the police database already? They've identified our okami. It would help us find him and maybe figure out exactly what he's doing here." The two are back within their motel room. Chan is digging through the lore, trying to find a way to kill their lovely monster friend. Felix is on his computer and phone, checking local CCTV's for any sign of where their monster is. "That's not a bad idea," Chan says, "Police database would find him quicker than us anyway. Can you get in?"

"I can try," Felix says. He starts l type rapidly on the keys of the computer, his eyes darting back and forth as he does. Chan watches him silently as he works, wondering if his cousin is able to hack in or not. "Hm, got it!" Felix announces, "Let's see...I think I found our okami." He clicks on something before turning his computer to face Chan. The blonde hunter nods his head at the profile picture of a man with longish brown hair. "That's him," Chan says, "Different hair color, but I recognize him."

"His name is Nakamoto Yuta," Felix says, "He's 26. An only child. Born in Osaka, Japan. He came to Korea from Japan about a month ago.

"Still don't know why he's here, but at least we have a name to a face," Chan says.