Chapter 12

I was busy yesterday so this week's update is coming out today instead of Friday. I also realized that I forgot to write a message that I updated. Not just once but for the past two weeks! I am all over the place. Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this chapter.

"Okay," Felix says, "Should we really be checking this out?"

"Hyunsuk is a shifter," Chan states, "This is up our alley."

"So, what?" Felix says, "A hunter probably killed him. There's really no point in us running around to find what caused a monster to die." The cousins are in their car headed to the police station where Hyunsuk's body is. Jisung has tagged along, something that Felix isn't happy about at all. He is seated in the back of the car and remains pretty silent considering another one of his friends just bit the bullet. "He was a kid," Jisung mutters.

"What?" Felix questions.

"He was just a kid," Jisung says again, "And that probably means nothing to you cause in the end he was just a shapeshifter, but he didn't deserve this. He had a happy life. You two don't need to get involved in this case if you don't want to, but I am. First, it was Seunghun hyung and Yonghee hyung...now Hyunsuk...I won't let any more of my friends die." The hunters fall silent at this as the car drives into the parking lot of the station. Chan stops the car and turns to look at his friend, "We're not leaving you to deal with this on your own."

"We aren't?" Felix questions. Chan frowns and discreetly slaps his cousin on the leg. Felix flinches and glares at the blonde before sighing loudly. "No...we aren't," He mutters, not even sparing the shifter a glance. Jisung looks up at the two with a grateful expression on his face. He nods his head before stepping out of the car and heading towards the front door. Chan is about to follow him, but Felix stops him. "What are we doing?" Felix asks.

"Helping out a friend," Chan says.

"Yeah, your friend, not mine," Felix states, "Who just so happens to be a shifter! I'm sorry, Chris, but this isn't what I signed up for when I came to Korea."

Chan sighs, "You knew that things are different here."

"I did," Felix says, "But, I thought you were just over-exaggerating or something...I mean we did other hunts here and they weren't any different from back home and then we come here and...imagine my surprise when I learn that you're besties with a shifter!"

"I get that this is going to be weird for you," Chan says, "I was the same way, but I need you to just go along with me on this. This case...it has something to do with Wonpil and what happened that night. I'm sure of it." The blonde has this look in his eye that makes his younger cousin worry a bit. It's almost like desperation. Felix lets out a breath, "Fine, but only cause I trust you." He wants to ask his cousin about Wonpil, but thinks better of it. His cousin will tell him if he wants, there's no use pushing it. "Thank you," Chan says before exiting the vehicle. Felix follows behind him. The hunters enter the police station which is bustling considering the recent death in the town. Chan looks around until he spots Jisung through a large window standing in a room talking to someone with blue hair and a small face. The blonde heads over and enters the room which appears to be the morgue. There is a large metal table in the center where something shaped like a body is underneath a white sheet. Jisung takes notice of the two and beckons for them to come over. The blue-haired boy looks at them, his face is pale and his eyes red-rimmed. He bows to them, but doesn't say anything. "This is Bae Jinyoung," Jisung says, "He was texting Hyunsuk right before he got attacked..."

"So, this was definitely a murder?" Chan questions. Jisung nods his head and gestures to the table. The hunters walk over to it and Felix draws the sheet back. Jinyoung turns his head away as the others stare at the dead body. Hyunsuk is a young man with longer brown hair that touches the upper part of his nose and is completely matted on his forehead with dried up blood. There's a trail of the blackish-red liquid going down his face as well. There are bruises that circle his wrists and long cuts along his clothes that barely scratched his skin. He is garbed in all black, just like most of the people have been today. "Head trauma was the cause of death," Jisung says, "The cops think that someone grabbed him and slammed him into that statue in the park."