Part 23

-Mistakes everywhere, not edited-

Uninvited guest or known as a surprise guest appears in front of the Sinthit's house making General Lee worried about Tee, what The King wants from him?

The king sips the tea prepared slowly, enjoying every sip of the warm tea. General Lee is alone with Tae at the moment. General knows that The King must heard something, that's why he is here now.

No matter what happened after this, general already promised himself that he will protect Tee and willing to exchange their lives if he needs to.

"where is Tee? I can't see her anywhere" Tae trying to test the water, giving chance to the general to tell the truth.

"She is not here" answer general calmly, he serves and know Tae for 30 years, he knows Tae since Tae is a baby.

"Do you want to explain what is happening willingly, or I have to make you?" Tae stares into general's eyes, the stare is hard and stern.

"What past is past sire" General Lee smiles softly, he is sure Tae already know the truth, or maybe Tae already has a hunch about it. General can't hide it anymore and the truth is he is ready, ready for anything might happen.

"Even though she is a he? Deceiving a king will be sentenced to death" Tae calmly retorts to what general said to him.

Tae looks at General Lee, waiting if his ex general has explanation to do to save he and his family's head.

"I'm glad you know the truth now" Tae frowns hard. What that's mean?!

"I'm afraid of Tee's future if the truth keep hidden" General looks at Tae, hoping some understanding from Tae. When Tae keep his mouth shut General Lee continue talking.

"The punishment for deceiving you is death and I'm willing to give mine if you can spare Tee's"

Tae is surprised that General Lee willing to do that much to save Tee. Why? He wants to know about why Tee lied to him.

"His step father make him act like a girl and become a concubine so that he can get assurance money from Palace. Tee lost his mother and family at the same time, Tee wants to has his mother's land up the hill if his step father want to send him to the palace. Tee didn't know how palace work, he thought he can be a healer and become apprentice of the healer in palace. He is smart but not that smart at the same time. He being in the palace is for two things, his mother's land and away from his step family presence, his dream to become a healer"

General Lee stops for awhile and looks at Tae for a moment before Tae told him to continue.

"He tried to leave the palace a few times, he avoided everyone when he was there but his presence is too big, even the prince like him. Guard Kim helped Tee in the palace. Both of them rely on each other so much"

"Anyone else know about this matter?"

"Only me and Guard Kim. No one else"

Tae becomes silent. He looks around and thinking what he should do now.

"Sire, I know what Tee had done is wrong but for me he is brave and stupid at the same time. He cried every night, talking to her late mother about he lying to you. He has nightmares of dying because of his lie, he doesn't even know if he deserves to become a healer when he had done the worst sin by lying to you"

General Lee stands on his knees making Tae surprised with the action.

"I beg you, spare his life. He is a good man, you can take my life as his punishment. Please"

"General, please sit down on the chair" Tae helps general to get up and sit on the chair.

"I'm not taking anyone's life, don't worry about it" Tae pats General's shoulder.

"But, you must promise me something"

"anything you want sire!" general is really grateful and willing to give anything he can so that his son will be safe.

"Don't let Tee belong to anyone, never let him marry any woman or man. I will not take his life but his life belongs to me"

General looks at Tae, what is his king means by that? He wants Tee? Tee can't continue his study?

"I don't understand"

Tae smiles when he looks how confused his general is right now.

"I know where is Tee now, he is in the school right?"

"Yes" answer general hesitate, he glads he tell the truth already because Tae seems to know a lot now.

"Good. I will let he pursue his dream, but he can't get married to anyone. Once he finished his study, he will work in the palace. I will prepare everything for him. I just ask you to keep it secret about this, don't tell him anything about this meeting, about I know the truth already. Can you do that?" ask Tae stern, he already has a plan in his head.

"As long as my son is safe and happy. I promise"

"Thank you general. I will take my leave now" Tae excuse himself.

General send Tae to the door, Tae is smiling broadly. What makes him this happy only himself know why.

General Lee feels tired soon after he can't see the king anymore, it is his nightmare all night about today, about The king know the truth. Right now he just can pray for Tee.

Lily watches everything from far and she is stunned with The King's gorgeousness, it is more than what she had ever seen. The King presence alone can make people stun.

"Father! Is that the king?!" ask Lily excited running to his father's side. General shakes his head, he doesn't want to face this again.

"Yes" answer general lazily and start leaving the gate but Lily keep following him, still excited.

"The king is really handsome!" praise Lily with her face full of smile.

"Don't even think you can be with him" warns General Lee fast, his daughter can be a headache sometimes.

"Father!" Lily pouts when her father shot down her dream just like that.

"Lily, please don't make it difficult for me once again. You are beautiful and you deserve to have a handsome husband but please know our place. Please don't trouble your old father more" general pats Lily's head and leaves.

Lily stomps het feet disagree with her father. She is a girl who is free to dream, even a dream to marry a king.