Part 14

-Mistakes everywhere, not edited-

The king ignores Tee's presence for a week now, he doesn't even want to look at Tee anymore. The gossips become wild in the palace saying the king hates Tee now because the king realise how cheap Tee's dignity.

The gossips saying Tee gives his body to anyone, including the lower rank of guard because of money. It's a really stupid gossips but with that much mouth talking make it seems true.

"Tee, say something! They are bad mouthing you, saying something that's not true!" Kim hates Tee for being quiet about this matter, it will ruin his name.

"Let them be Kim. They will shut their mouth when they are tired" Tee lazily answer Kim, he continue reading his book, he keeps reading the same line because he is distracted.

"I'm sure the gossips reach the king, that's why the king doesn't talk to you anymore" Kim really doesn't want to give up.

"let them be Kim. I'm his concubine, not his wife" Tee groans tired, he keeps hearing the same things over and over again.

"Tee, you don't want to talk to him anymore? You don't miss your moment together?" Tee put his book on the table and turn to look at Kim, Kim is being ridiculous right now.

"I have no relationship whatsoever with the king. I don't care he ignores me, I'm glad. I have more time for myself to read books" Tee raise his voice a bit, he is tired talking about the same thing with Kim.

"No matter how much you read the books, you can't never be the healer!" Kim retorts back, regretting his words one second after it left his mouth.

Kim gulps guiltily watching Tee's face change when he said that, he means nothing bad about it, he is just angry that Tee let everything happened without fighting.

"Don't have to rub it on my face Kim, I know it all very well" Tee turns away, he feels hurt with what Kim said, Kim is always the one who supports and understand him the most.

Kim hugs Tee to him, he hugs tight.

"I'm sorry, my mouth and brain is stupid. I'm sorry Tee" begs Kim. Tee chuckles a bit, he can't get angry to Kim no matter what.

"I hate myself because I can't do anything about it Tee. I want you to be a healer but with what is happening now, it's impossible Tee. I want you to get what you want, be yourself, not lying like this"

Tee returns the hug tightly, it's true, with him being here will not change his future much. He can't be a healer while being a concubine at the same time. He is a concubine and deceiving the king with his gender, he will die if this exposed.

"I want to help you but I don't know how, I hope at least being a concubine you will be happy"

"I want to be happy Kim but I can't be concubine forever, I can't let the king choose me Kim, my secret will be exposed"

"You are right. I'm sorry for suggesting you do this Tee. I should work hard to send you to the school"

"It's okay Kim, it's no one fault. I need to be a man to be a healer but I have no money, I need to be a woman to be a concubine and I'm not even one. I can't make my presence too obvious Kim, I'm a man after all"

The sounds of something fall to the ground make both of them part from the hug. The see in horrors at the person who drops the sword, clearly shocked too.

"What is this?! Is it true Tee?!" the voice booms angrily.

Kim and Tee are beyond than scared, they will die, that's all the know.

Tee runs to the man's feet and sit on his knees, begging for their lives.

"It's only me in this matter, Guard Kim is not involved. You should punish me alone, please don't involve him" Tee begs whole heartedly, he will kiss the man's feet if he has too.

He doesn't have if he needs to die for deceiving the king but he will never let his friend die because of him. He will never let it happen no matter what.

"Kill me or punish me you want, spare Guard Kim's life. He has family to take care of" Tee already crying when he imagines his dark future.

He can die because he has no one anymore but Kim is different, Kim still has family that loves and needs him. Kim also just found someone he loves, he can't die at young age.

"I'm begging, please don't involve anyone in this, I'm in this alone" Tee has his forehead and face on the floor, he doesn't feel shame or anything, he doesn't even scared, he just doesn't want to trouble anyone else.

"No. Tee, you can't say that. I'm in this, punish me with whatever punishment you have for us" Kim sit on his knees too. Kim will never let Tee face this alone, he knows his family will be really sad but he can't let Tee bear it alone too.

"No Kim. You can't do this" Tee tries to push Kim away but Kim insist on begging with him.

The man still not happy with what is happening, they need to have a solid reason to get a lighter punishment.

"Tell me why are you doing this?!" demands the man, Kim wants to open his mouth and tell the truth but Tee try to stop him.

"Let him speak!" the man is getting angrier with Tee's act. Kim holds Tee's hand tight, he will tell the truth.

"we are best friends, we know each other family very much. Tee lost his mother and stay with his step family who never accept him as one. They forced Tee to pretend to be a woman so that they get the money from the palace every month. Tee had to accept it and he considers it because he thought he can be a healer in here. We don't know that woman can't be a healer and be a scholar" Kim finish his story, he hopes they will be end with lighter punishment because they are still young to die.

The man in silent for a few moments, Kim and Tee didn't dare to raise his head at all, they continue watching the feet of the man that have their future in his hand.

"keep it as secret for a week more. I will do something" the man leave them after saying that.

Kim and Tee remains on the floor, they don't understand what happened the last moment but they can hear their heartbeat with their ears.

Kim release a deep sighs and pulls Tee into his arms. He knows death will not be their future soon

"It will be okay Tee" Tee sobs in Kim's arms. He thinks he lost 10 years of his age because of what just happened.

From far a man watching them sharing a hug, the eyes can't watch too long because something feels wrong in his heart that he decides to leave they alone.