Part 7

-Mistakes everywhere, not edited-

"Yes?" ask Tee anxious, he doesn't want to think badly but his mind is running wild.

"You are not a spy right?" Tee's head snaps to Tae, he? A spy?

Tee wants to laugh at how absurd it is on his ears. He is a coward that can't even use sword properly, how he wants to be a spy? He will die even before he try.

"are you laughing? You think it's funny?" ask Tae angry, Tee's response tick something in his mind to make him angry.

"I'm sorry sire. It's just a bit weird, besides I don't even know how to sneak around and fight, all I know is to read" answer Tee as polite as he can. Tae still doesn't trust Tee.

"What are you doing in the library all the time?" ask Tae again. Tee unconsciously scratch his chin.

"to read" answer Tee simply, what else people do in the library? Tae sighs, irritated with the simple answer, it's seems like he is asking an useless question.

"What are you reading about?" ask Tae more. Tee doesn't want to tell totally the truth.

"The books about plant and flowers" answer Tee, half true. Tae frowns before he looks at the choice of book with Tee. It's a book about flowers.

"You like flowers?" ask Tae. Tee wants to sigh, he is tired answering the question. Why the king suddenly has interest in him?

"Hm, I like reading about them but I don't like them much" answer Tee a bit weird.

"Means?"

"hm, I enjoy knowing about them more than having them physically. Understandable?" ask Tee back, for how long they will play questions.

Tae drinks his tea slowly, enjoying the warmth of the tea down his throat. Tee just blinks and look around the library. Not like he can have eye contact with a king, it considered rude.

"What do you think about my son?"

'Annoying' Tee answer fast in his head, of course he didn't dare to voice it out loud, he might lose his head.

"The prince is smart, active and handsome" that's true too, no one can deny that.

Tae smiles a small smile hearing compliments about his son. He is a doted father after all.

"It's pity he doesn't has a mother" Tee frowns disagree with that.

"Doesn't mean having both mother and father will make the child happy. It's all depends on how they were raised. Having one is better than two, sometimes"

Tae a bit surprised hearing that, all this time he always heard that he should give Ten a mother to raise Ten as a happy child.

"You think so?" ask Tae, Tee lazily nods his head. He thinks he is happier with his mother alone compared to have a step father.

"Depends on the situation sire. Parent tends to think what is the best for their child while thinking about it alone, never once they ask what their child want." Tee gets the tea and gulps it down fast. Tae carefully watching Tee's action. Looks like Tee was hurt once.

"Do you want to be my son caretaker?"

The glass from Tee's hand drop on the floor, it breaks making Tee startle.

"Don't pick it, the maid will do it later. Let's go have a walk, the weather is nice"

Tee doesn't want it but he doesn't want to die early more. They both walk around the lake. Tae still wants to has the answer for his question.

"your answer?"

"I'm sorry but I've to reject it. I'm not a knowledgeable person, I don't have any discipline. Letting your son with me will ruin his future" Tee aggressively reject the idea.

Tae smirks a bit, he can read Tee's reaction when he ask that. Tee hates that offer so much.

"My son want you and you said ask what the child want" Tee feels he is being stabbed by what he said.

"That's right but that's different, adult know more about this matter. Never send a child to a bad teacher because they will be worst" Tee picks words from the book he accidently read in the library, can't believe he can use it today.

"I agree with that"

"Right?! Send the prince with a suitable person sire" Tee smiles brightly. Tae can't help but smile too, a really thin smile.

"You can be his friend" offers Tae more, Tee wants to jump into the pond and kill himself. He can't stand kids.

"I don't think I have time to play. I still have a lot to learn" Tee politely reject the offers again.

"You should be honest with me, state your true reason for rejecting my offer?" Tae become strict. Tee gulps again, he is so dead for lying.

"I don't like kid much" Tee whispers his answer as slow as he can but Tae catches it, Tee is so easy for Tae to read.

"You hate them?" ask Tae more. Tee shakes his head fast, he never hates kid, just can't stand them that much.

"Speak" demands Tae.

"No. I don't hate them or has any intention to hurt them or what. It's just, I don't like them much." answer Tee desperate, it's not like he will hit or torture them if he dislike them, he just doesn't want to involve himself with kids.

"tell me your reason"

"Maybe, I'm all alone when I'm a kid myself. I don't have time to play with other kid. I can't act spoil like others. I never play with them and I always alone. I don't understand why they act like that, it's..." Tee blinks, he thought if he should finish his sentence.

"What?" Tae really will never let Tee go easily. Tee sighs, The king is really stubborn for wanting an answer from Tee.

"annoying" answer Tee with a huff, it's really irritating being forced like that.

Tae let out a loud laugh, he is really laughing happily makes Tee frowns, Tee is thinking if the king has gone crazy for laughing like that.

Tae stops laughing when he looks at frowning Tee, Tee's eyebrow almost meet at the middle because of the deep frown.

"I understand your situation but my son really like you. I hope you can play with him once or twice a week. He can be really annoying if you declines his invitation all the time" Tae takes his leave when he said that.

Tee sighs, like he can't escape from the prince easily. Even the king thought his son is annoying.

Some who watch the scene are envious and surprise, The King didn't laugh like that since the death of the queen. The king don't like to spend time leisurely either.

The concubines hate Tee more because the king look for Tee and has a good walk and talk with Tee. They want to be at Tee's place. They have dream to be the new queen, not just a mere concubine.