Part 10

-mistakes everywhere, not edited -

"what happened?" Tae's voice booms at the area make everyone flinch in fear, The king rarely angry but when he is, it is definitely scary.

Tee looks at Tae's one moment before pointing his finger to Lady Ran's face, it is a rude action, even Tae a bit surprised at that. Pointing fingers are wrong.

"Tee, please respect Lady Ran" Tae is strict and he means it, rude man will need to be punished and he doesn't want to punish Tee.

"Tell me what happened" The King demands an answer from his first question.

Kim touches Tee to make Tee talk and tell everyone what make him so angry that he is attacking people.

"The prince is sad" Tee gives a short answer and he waits some reaction from them, but none. They all look calm.

"Why? Why my son is sad?" ask Tae start to worry, his son said nothing to him.

"They didn't feed him chicken even though he plead for it, they even threaten him"

Tae looks at the lady asking for explanation. Is it true?

"Your highness, it's true I didn't prepare it for the prince because of the healer's orders. Remember he had his stomach ache and Healer Lim said he needs to eat less meat. More fish and vegetables" the explanation is solid and Tee can't help but be blamed here. They looks happy that Tee is embarrassing himself in front of the king.

The king stares at Tee, Tee is definitely wrong and need to be punished. Accusing people is wrong too.

"I'm really surprised how rude Lady Tee talk to Lady Ran, that's why Lady Ran accidently slap Lady Tee" one of the maid try to make an excuse for the caretaker and make Tee the wrong one here. Tee scoffs slowly. Like he will trust them.

"Tee, you will be punished to stay in the white room for a week because of being rude and accusing wrong people without an investigation" after Tae said that, two guards come to Tee and hold Tee's arm. Tee can see they smirks at him.

"Sire, I will be with Lady Tee, I am wrong for not stopping Lady Tee's action. Please let me be with her" Kim bows to King humbly.

Tee wants to protest but Kim make him stop.

"Guard, take both of them."

Tee and Kim are brought to the white room, it kind of prison but temporarily. It cleaner and better than the prison. It just a room with white walls and nothing inside. Dry straws on the floor.

Kim enter the room first before Tee pushed inside, a bit harsh, thankfully Kim able to catch Tee on time.

"Hey, be softer to girl!" protest Kim angry, how dare they treat King's concubines like that.

Tee scoffs hearing the protest from Kim, the guards clearly on the Lady Ran's side, they will be treated badly here.

"I can handle it, I'm a man" Tee whispers the last part, doesn't want his secret to blow up.

Kim and Tee sit on the floor, watching around the small room, it is really empty and has nothing in it. Just a small hole on the wall.

"Why you always act without thinking?" ask Kim, they both ended here because of Tee's action but he never blames Tee for being here. He will stay with Tee no matter what happened.

"Because I pity the brat, he cry just because he can't eat chicken. I'm sure they are not treating him really well" Tee make an excuse.

"Now you care about him?" ask Kim smirking, Tee told him a few times that he doesn't like the prince because he is annoying.

"I still don't like him much okay! We are friends and friends help each other" Tee excuse himself.

Kim just nods his head agreeing, he will gain nothing if he keep arguing with Tee.

Both of them are catching up about their old times together, he already forgotten about his family, all he remember is his late mother.

"how is your family? Are they well?" ask Tee, he remembers Kim take some day off to visit his family.

"They are good. Aren't you allowed to go out from palace too? You don't want to visit your mother's grave? Her birthday is coming right?"

"Yes but I don't think I can face her like this. I don't want her to be sad knowing I'm doing this"

Kim regrets talking about Tee's mother because Tee has tears in his eyes now. Tee is a strong man since he is small but he still cry when he miss his mother.

"It's okay. I'm here Tee. One day, when my saving is enough for you to take the exam for being a scholar, you can leave this palace with an excuse we are getting married. The king allows it right?" Kim saves a bit from his pay for Tee's fee to take the exam and become a scholar.

Tee is surprised because he never knows Kim is doing this to him. He never thought about something like that.

"thank you Kim" Tee hugs Kim tight, he is really grateful for having Kim as his best friend.

They keep hugging each other for a while, they separate when a guard come to them with their dinner. Bread and cold water.

"Hey lady" the guard call on Tee who is eating the hard and dry bread, it's even cold.

Tee spares a glance to the guard before continue eating the bread.

"If you satisfy me tonight, I will give you my food, roast chicken" the guard offers, Tee put his bread harshly but before Tee can retort back, Kim already has the guard's collar in his hand.

"Leave before I smash your face!" roars Kim and let go the guard harshly.

"There will no blanket for you guys!" The guard angrily leave the room. Kim is still fuming with anger with how Tee was treated.

"Kim, it's okay. I'm fine" Tee tries to make Kim calm.

"It is not okay to treat women like that! That's humiliating women's dignity!" Kim is still furious but Tee is laughing.

"this is not funny Tee!" scolds Kim.

"I know, but it is a bit funny, I'm a man after all" Tee laughs again, Kim can't help but laugh too. Seeing Tee pretend like a woman everyday make him used to it.

"Come on, let's eat" Tee pulls Kim to eat together. It's not the best food they ever eat but it is still edible. They are grateful for the food to fill their stomach.

Night come, Tee can't fall asleep at all, his body is weak and he can't get used to the cold very well. Too hot and too cold will cause trouble to him and he always get sick during summer and winter because of the temperature changing. Now, it's early winter, it's get really cold at night.

Kim realise Tee is shivering at the corner, Tee needs the blanket to warm his body. Kim slides to Tee and pull Tee's smaller body into his embrace.

"Tee, you are cold!" Kim takes Tee's cold hand and blows it to make it warmer.

"You need the blanket" Kim runs to the door and bang it loudly but no one come.

Kim has to warm Tee's body with his.

"I'm sorry Tee" Kim opens his front shirt and hugs Tee close to him. Tee can feel the warmth and start to fall asleep.

"Thank you" mutters Tee before he totally in deep slumber.