Part 1

#Hi, so this is my new story, I don't know much how to write a historical story but I want to write it, I'm sorry for lacking anything. Oh, I want you guys to imagine this story kind of Chinese historical story, their outfit I mean. I love their outfits so much, beautiful. All men and women have long hair. Hopefully you will enjoy it, and it's cliché one too.

-Mistakes everywhere, not edited-

A king is crying alone inside his chamber because he miss his late wife so much, his wife suddenly left his side without warning him at all. His love to his wife is really big that he feels like dying inside, he keeps moving because his wife left a four year old son for him to take care of.

"Father" a small voice call him from his misery the, he wipes his tears and takes his son into his lap. It's been two months but he still can't forget the day he lost his loved one.

"Father cry, sad?" the kid barely can speak very well but he is a smart son. He can't understand why his mother leave him but he is okay.

"No son. I'm thinking" answer the king with lie, his son just nod his head still can't understand that he is being lied.

"sleep" his son rubs his eyes, the king smile and lay together with his son. He lulls the kid till the kid close his eyes and continue his innocent dream.

"I want you here Rose" with that he close his eyes tightly, their happy moments together play in his mind. He needs to think about happy thing to get some rest.

****

"You ungrateful son! I told you to join warriors!" an iron pot being throw away. The man jumped out from the windows and run to the street, it is always like that in his life.

He is a stepson that not loved and being force to be something he doesn't want to. He wants to be a healer, not a warrior.

"Tee!" a man come running to the man called Tee. Tee turns around and wait for his best friend.

"Yes?" ask Tee lazily, not in mood to talk or gossips with his friend, Kim.

"I got the job! I'm gonna be a soldier in palace!" yells Kim happily, Tee smiles a bit, not that sincere because, Tee was forced to take exam because of Kim.

"Geez, be happy for me!" Kim push Tee's shoulder, his friend is really not supportive.

"Congrats Kim! I'm sure my parent will nag me more after they heard about this. I don't want to join it!" Yells Tee back, he is stressed with people forcing him to do something he doesn't want to do

"I'm sorry for that Tee" Kim feels guilty now, he should think about Tee's feeling too.

Tee smirks a bit, it's not Kim's fault he is in this situation besides, he will never ever give up his dream. Anyone else cannot stop him.

"Don't worry Kim. I'm okay, not like they can stop me. I will run away from house if I have to"

"yeah. I know you will not back off. I'm happy now so let me treat you"

"Yay! The bestest friend ever" Tee puts his arm around Kim's shoulder happily. The thing can make him happy in instant are foods. He will never reject food, even if he is sick, he can eat plenty.

Both of them go to the stall that selling roast chicken wing that Tee loves the most. Tee orders a few and they walk to eat beside the lake around the city.

"Oh. I heard the king is looking for concubines and maids" Kim opens the topic he heard from his mother.

Tee shows no reaction because he can't be any of that, not like he want to let go of his dream just like that.

"Are you listening?!" ask Kim angry, Tee blinks a few times before he nods his head, of course he can hear it.

"I'm listening but not interested. If he wants to find an apprentice to his healer it will pique my interest." respond Tee lazily, Kim should know his interest after all this time.

"I know but I heard your father want your sister to try it"

"Hey! Don't call her as my sister, step sister! Who wants a witch to be their sister" Hiss Tee unhappy with what Kim called his step sister is.

His step sister is really not a person Tee wants to involve at all, she is so annoying that making Tee always want to throw up every time he heard or saw her.

"Okay, I'm sorry. The point is, your step father want her to join it but she reject it because she want to marry his lover a rich man from another city!" Kim really loves to gossip, that's why he is close to his mother and sister. What a gossip mongers family.

"You know that much? You like my step sister hm?" tease Tee, he wants to see the reaction from Kim.

"Yuck! Who want to marry a witch?!" there, it is really amusing for Tee to see Kim this disgusted. Both of them are not the best men out there that will help woman first, especially a woman like Tee's step sister

"Tee, you know that your family will receive a lot of money if they give their daughter to the palace right?" ask Kim more, Tee shrugs his shoulder, he doesn't know and care. He never thinks about Palace that much. He wants to be a normal people forever. He hates status

"You know, I heard that your father will send you as substitute" Tells Kim slowly, afraid Tee will lost his mind.

"what?! Are they crazy?! I'm a man!!!" yells Tee to Kim, his hands grabs Kim's collar tight. This is really crazy and unbelievable for him

"shh!" Kim covers Tee's mouth and pull Tee to sit on the bench back. People who was staring start doing their jobs back.

"Remember when you pretend to be a girl just to seduce your brother in law will be, just because you want to ruin your step sister's life?"  ask Kim to Tee.

Of course Tee remember that day! He is satisfied to make his step sister not get chosen because of him. He still remember the pain he got from his step father's beating.

"Wait, that old man will make me pretend to be a girl?!" ask Tee more, more angrier this time.

"Wait Tee. Calm down."

"No! I want to talk to him. He is crazy!" Tee wants to go but Kim stop him.

"Listen Tee. I think it's good if you join..."

"Are you crazy like him too?! Wanna die?!" Kim has to cover Tee's mouth again. Tee is really loud right now.

"Listen first. I heard, the king will not decide what you want to be in the palace. Concubine, maid or whatever. You can choose it by own. You can ask to be a healer, you can learn from the best healer in this Kingdom" explains Kim clearly, he needs to make Tee understand the good from doing this.

Tee and Kim both forget that they are going to work in the palace, the punishment for lying to Royal will be dead.

"You think it is a good idea?" ask Tee unsure, the idea did sound genius but he is scared their cover will be blown up.

"Yeah! I will be there too. I will have friend!" there, that is the real reason he wants Tee to be there with him.

It will be the start or the end of their lives, no one knows what gonna happen in the future, including them. They really didn't care much about a plan where they forgot, a woman can't be a healer, a healer need to be a scholar first before become an apprentice, unless a women can be a lady who help in babies deliveries.