11

Stefan and I walk in the boarding house to find Damon is tied to a chair with his daylight ring on the floor. "Low blow, Stefan. Low blow." Damon said "What the hell happened to you?" Stefan asked "Whatever twisted ripper game this is, leave me out of it." Damon said "I didn't do this." Stefan said "Quit screwin' around!" Damon yelled "I didn't." Stefan said and I check the chains. "It's pretty messed up though, isn't it?" I say

"Yep." Damon said and Stefan removed the iron rod making Damon scream. Stefan starts to remove the chains but stops and leaves. I see that guy is here again watching but Damon can't see him. "Yeah, not to worry. I'll just untangle myself." Damon said and the guy opens the curtains so the sunlight can come into the room making Damon scream because his skin is burning. "Incarcerous!" I say standing in front of Damon and the curtains close.

-time skip-

Everyone is preparing the town for the night of illuminations, hanging the lanterns on trees. Carol Lockwood is making a speech for the volunteers and the citizens. "As a long-time member of the historical society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias fell with a history lesson." Carol said and I walk over to stand beside Jeremy but leave room for Anna because I know she's gonna show up. Everyone applauded.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy and I asked in sync. "Tobias fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice." Ric said "All right, that explains what you're doing here." Jeremy said "Well, I'm the one who can fail you two if you don't help me out." Ric said "You know the only reason I'm even in school is because I need to appear normal because I look 17 when I could out smart you because I lived through most of it being 164 and all." I say making Kol laugh and Elena arrives.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" Elena asked and Anna appears but only Jeremy and I can see her. I assume I can see them because of my using the spell for Kol. "Just a bunch of historical lies." Anna said making me snort. "You didn't miss anything." Jeremy and I say in sync. Tobias Fell starts his speech.

"The first illumination was held in celebration with the new found prosperity that Mystic Falls enjoyed after the war." Tobias said "After the founders stole from all the vampires." Anna said "Good to know I'm not the only one who thought that." I say and Jeremy laughs making Elena look from me to him. "What's so funny?" Elena asked and Jeremy looks at the stage. Elena turns her head as Anna keeps commenting on the speech. "Safe from the vampires." Anna said making Jeremy smile and Anna smiles too looking at him taking his hand.

I walk away from the crowd and vamp speed over to where Caroline and Bonnie are. They are hanging lanterns in the trees. "So when you did the spell to send Vicki away, did that get rid of Anna, too?" Caroline asked "I wish. All I did was block the magic that was helping Vicki get a physical foothold here. Jeremy's still got a direct line to the other side, and as long as he wants to see Anna and she wants to see him, she's still here." Bonnie said

"Ok, you don't think I can actually resist commenting on that." Caroline said "There. You commented." Bonnie said "Bonnie..." Caroline said "What do you want me to say, Caroline? I went against the balance of nature when I brought Jeremy back to life, and now I'm paying the consequences." Bonnie said "Well, I want you to say you're not ok with it." Caroline said "I'm a thousand times not ok with it. I just don't know what to do about it." Bonnie said and Damon stops his car.

"Greetings, blondie. Sister. Witchy. I think you got your voodoo wires all crossed when you got rid of Vicki Donovan." Damon said "What do you mean, why?" Bonnie asked "Because I'm pretty sure I just got spit-roasted by Mason Lockwood's ghost." Damon said and I walk over to him. "What?" Bonnie asked "And why would you think that?" Caroline asked "Maybe because he chained me to a chair and shoved a hot poker in my chest. Let's just say I'm having déjà vu." Damon said "Damon do you trust me?" I ask "Why?" Damon asked