20

Ric wakes up and looks at his wound then at us.
"I didn't do it." Ric said "You're arresting him? For what this nutjob Dr. Fell says?" Damon asked "No, I'm detaining him. The cell is for his own good. You were shot. Dr. Fell used vampire blood to heal you." Liz said "Dr. Fell is the one who shot me." Ric said "Because you came at her with a knife." Liz said "Yeah, with a knife I had found hidden in her things." Ric said "Are we gonna ignore the part where he's one of the killer's victims? I mean, the guy was practically stabbed to death." Damon said

"Well, Dr. Fell suggested his wounds could have been self-inflicted." Liz said "My God, you think I stabbed myself?" Ric asked "Look, I think I don't know what to think. I've got nothing except murder weapons from your stash and a respected member of a founding family pointing a very long finger." Liz said "She is setting me up. I'm being framed here." Ric said "Well, that may be so, but I don't have any proof of that." Liz said "Well, then we'll find some." Damon said "No, just stay out of this, Damon. You getting involved is only gonna make matters worse." Liz said "Listen, Liz..." Damon starts to say before Liz interrupts him. "Don't make me put you in that cell with him." Liz said

Elena enters the Sheriffs department and looks at Damon. "Were you just with..." Elena asked before Damon cut her off. "Ric's fine. Sheriff wants me to stay out of it." Damon said "But you're not going to, are you?" Elena asked "Seems just as good a plan as any." Damon said "Your friend's in jail for murder. You have to do something." Elena said and I roll my eyes.

"He doesn't have to do anything." I say "Well, I guess I could rip out Dr. False Accusation's throat or maybe her tongue. You know, I could chew it up in little, tiny pieces and feed it to the squirrels." Damon said "Stop it Damon." Elena said "Guess him staying out of it suddenly sounds like a good idea, doesn't it?" I ask "I saved your life last night. You're welcome." Damon said "You know, you could show a little compassion about Bonnie." Elena said "I know. You're right. Her and her mom must be really hurting right now. Should I send lasagna?" Damon asked "Ok, now you're just being mean." Elena said "I'm mean. You hate me. The earth is back on its axis." Damon said "You know what? If you keep pushing people away, you're gonna end up alone." Elena said and she leaves.

Damon and I go back to the house and we find Stefan writing in his journal. He's seems stressed because he keeps hitting his ring on the desk. "Dear diary, the chipmunk asked me my name today. I told him it was Joe. That lie will haunt me forever." Damon said causing me to laugh. "What do you want?" Stefan asked closing his journal and putting it on the shelf with the others. "I was hoping the three of us could hang. You know, family bonding. I mean, I know we don't actually "hang out." We team up. We join forces, activate our wonder triplet powers." Damon said grabbing a journal.

"What are you doing?" Stefan asked "Digging up clues. Most of the originals are gone, but we have a whodunit going on. Hey, do you remember when we came back for Zachariah's funeral?" Damon asked "Vaguely. Why?" Stefan asked "Nope." I say "'Cause if memory serves, he wasn't the first founders council member killed that year or even that month." Damon said "Your point being?" Stefan asked "I'm trying to remember what year it was." Damon said "1912." Stefan said "So much for vaguely. 1912. Or as I like to call it, last time Mystic Falls had a serial killer on its hands." Damon said "Ah. I get it. I get it. You're bored. Your best friend's in jail, and you don't have anything better to do with yourself." I say "Well, there's that. And... I was hoping you two could help me solve a murder." Damon said and he grabs the journal and walks out.

The three of us walk into the grill. "She-devil, 9 o'clock." Damon said pointing towards Bex who looks at him and we go to the bar. "Do you happen to know who kept the milling ledgers during that period?" Bex asked Carol who was sitting in front of her. "Back then, all the logging mills were owned by the Salvatores." Carol said "So what does the Cal examiner, Bill Forbes, and Alaric Saltzman have in common?" Damon asked and Stefan keeps hitting his hand on the bar. "Come on. Knock it off." I say and Stefan grabs the bottle pouring himself a drink.