Chapter 6

Kitiara's POV

I was about to take a bite of my sandwich, when I saw two girls walking up to my table. I set my sandwich down and took out my earphones. "Hi!" said the tall blonde. I gave her a small smile "Hello", I said. "My friend and I were wondering if it's okay that we sit here", she said with a smile. "Sure, I'm cool with it. Make yourselves comfortable", I said with a closed lip smile. "Awsome!", she said and they both sat down. I was about to go back to my drawing, when I noticed the blonde girl looking at me with her eyebrows slightly furrowed. "Um..... yes?", I asked her. She shook her head "Sorry, it's just that you look really familiar. Have we met before?", she asked. I looked at her for a few seconds while squinting my eyes. "Oh wait, you're the girl that helped me find Professor Callaghan's office ", I said.

"OMG! Your so right! Hold on, your name is on the tip of my tongue...... Kitiara! Right?!", she said. I chuckled slightly "Yeah, thats me, and your Honey Lemon, No? ", I said. "Yes! And this is my good friend Gogo", she said, gesturing to the girl next to her. I looked over to her, she was blowing a bubble with her gum, and when it popped she responded "Sup", she said. "Hey" I said with a small grin, "So, in the end did you decide to transfer here?", asked Honey Lemon. I nodded in response, "That's great! How's your first day going so far?", she asked. "It's all good, I like all my classes", I said." That's great! I'm so glad we got to see you! I can't wait for you to meet the rest of our group!", she said excitedly. "The rest?", I asked. "Yeah, the guys were still in class when we came, but I think they'll be coming any minute now", said Gogo. I nodded, we continued to have small conversations until the rest of their group arrived.

*Third Person POV *

As Gogo was explaining her major to Kitiara, Honey Lemon noticed the boys looking for them. She stood up and waved them over. The boys spotted her and walked over to the table.

"Hey guys!", greeted Honey Lemon. "Took you guys long enough", said Gogo, popping her gum. "Sorry, Fred needed help with something, so we went with him", said the guy wearing a baseball cap. "And what was this "help" that Fred needed exactly?", asked Gogo. "Trust me, you don't wanna know", said the guy wearing the green sweater. The girls looked at the guy wearing a beanie, who smiled while raising his hands (palms up) and shrugged. The guys then sat down "Oh! Guys, I want you to meet our friend, Kitiara!", Honey Lemon said happily. I smiled slightly and gave them a quick two finger salute. "Nice to meet ya Kitiara. I'm Wasabi", said the guy in the sweater. Kitiara closed her eyes and slightly bowed her head, I then looked at the guy wearing the baseball cap "Uh, hi I'm Tadashi", he said with a slight smile while rubbing the back of his neck.

Kitiara immediately recognized him from the cafe,( 𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 ) Kitiara thought. I smiled at them both, out of nowhere the guy in the beanie sat next to her, which surprised her a bit. He then stuck his hand out and Kitiara shook it "Names Fred, pleasure to met ya Kitiara", " Uh, right back at ya. I guess" replied Kitiara with a nervous smile. "I'm curious, what's your major?", he asked. "Uh, Robotic Engineering", said Kitiara. "Awesome! That's what Tadashi is majoring too!", exclaimed Fred, I looked over at Tadashi, he smiled proudly and I smiled as well.

For the next hour, they shared stories, had some laughs, and Kitiara got to know more about the group. She felt happy, and didn't feel as alone, but she didn't keep her hopes up. ( 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘢 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 ), thought Kitiara. She then stood up and said "Well it was great to meet all of you, but I think I'm gonna head to the labs to finish up some work". They all nodded and waved goodbye. As she left the group resumed their conversation, except Tadashi who was in deep thought. After a few minutes he stood up and told the group he was heading to his lab. They said their goodbyes and off he went.

Tadashi exited the building and started walking towards the labs, still in deep in thought. As he looked up, he spotted Kitiara not too far. He quickened his pace to try and catch up to her, when he was a couple feet behind her, he called out to her.

"Kitiara! Wait up!".