Chapter 20

Kitiara needed to go somewhere to clear her head, and she thought of one place. She wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings since she was in deep thought, but she didn't bump into anyone either. She spotted the forest path and headed towards it.

While walking on the path, Kitiara finally looked up and started taking in her surroundings. In doing so she slowed down, and took in every detail the forest had to offer. She smiled to herself, coming to a stop, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath in, and slowly exhaled.

Kitiara's eyes remained closed, she remembered how her mother would sing sweet songs to her. Her mothers songs were always full of passion, but yet sweet and soothing. Her mother would sing to her whenever she had trouble falling asleep, or when she felt upset. But the ones Kitiara admired the most, were the ones her mother would sing when walking on this forest path.

Kitiara's mother would hum a melody, but would soon start singing. She would dance around with Kitiara in her arms, twirling her daughter around, laughter filling the air, smiles on both their faces. Kitiara enjoyed those evening walks, especially on those warm summer days.

Kitiara opened her eyes and continued further down the path. She admired the flowers that had grown throughout the years, touching each one she passed. At the end of the path, was a large open space, and in the middle was a beautiful weeping willow. Kitiara stood back admiring the beauty that stood in front of her. She smiled sadly at the tree, and then walked towards it. As she approached the weeping leaves, she pushed them aside and entered.

Tadashi was following Kitiara from a safe distance, so as to not alarm her. As he was doing so, he saw how peaceful this path was, and how beautiful the scenery was. He was so distracted by the scenery, that he didn't notice Kitiara continuing down the path. When he turned to look in Kitiara's direction, she was already gone. Tadashi quickened his steps, but tried to remain quiet, doing his best to avoid fallen branches and leaves.

Looking ahead, he saw a large opening, and upon coming closer he saw a large willow tree in the middle. He was amazed by the sight, he looked down and in time saw Kitiara pushing the leaves aside and entering the tree. He slowly made his way over, when he approached the tree, he carefully looked between the leaves.

Kitiara slowly walked towards the trunk and carefully placed her hand on it.

"Hey there buddy. Long time no see, huh." said Kitiara with a small chuckle. She then slowly circled the trunk, her hand dragging across the surface. She then stood still and stared at the trunk, lost in thought.

*(You can start playing the song here if you like.)*

 A gust of wind lightly blew through the air, Kitiara watched the leaves dance in the wind. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the wind blowing through her hair. She slowly opened her eyes and looked down for a moment.

Looking up, she slowly took her hand off the tree's trunk and took a few steps away from it. She slowly laced her fingers together and looked around as if making sure no one was around. She looks down once again, closing her eyes and taking in a deep breath, and exhaling slowly.

Then she began to sing...

After witnessing what he just saw and heard, Tadashi was speechless. He never knew Kitiara could sing like that, he thought that her voice was beautiful. He snapped out of his thoughts and began to slowly step back, but unfortunately for him, he failed to see a fallen branch behind him, and upon stepping back, the branch snapped under his foot.

Tadashi looked down at the branch he just stood on, he quickly removed' his foot off it, and prayed that Kitiara didn't hear it. But unfortunately for him, she did hear it.

"Who's there?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello my lovely readers! Hope everyone one is having a good day/night. This chapter took me a while to come up with, since I was having a bit of writers block. Also I am in the process of writing another book. BUT! None the less here it is! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and the little song that was added, I haven't seen the movie, but the songs are really pretty. As for now I bid adieu, and I'll see you in the next chapter! :)